★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands-(By Gaia Interactive)

08-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands-(By Gaia Interactive)

I found this game on AppShopper and when I tried to download it said the item was unavailable in the NZ store. That was 2 days ago and the game still isnt out and I am wondering what the whole situation is. Heres the link: http://appshopper.com/games/monster-...zodiac-islands

Dont worry I will post the App Info once the game is actually out. Apparently this is based off of a facebook game of the same name so there may be legal issues but Im pretty sure the company is legit. My best guess is that there is a holdup with the IAP's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dragon.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	36398   Click image for larger version

Name:	dragon2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	36399  
08-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Actually it looks really intersting. Looking forward to create some HD Gameplay Trailer about it as soon as it does hit the NZ Store again.

08-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I thought Gaia made sword and poker as well, and that they recently went out of business?
08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
I thought Gaia made sword and poker as well, and that they recently went out of business?
Hmm did a little research on the appstore and there are 3 different game companys with the words Gaia in their name.
GAIA CO.,LTD. (Sword and Poker devs)
Gaia Interactive (made a client for the MMO Gaia)
Gaia Interactive Inc. (made this game and they show up as a dev in the appstore but they have no games listed)

Really wondering what the hangup is. Cant wait to get my hands on a pokemon like game.
08-13-2011, 02:44 PM
It's in Canadian AppStore. Did a small search and found out:
- Canada has been getting it and updates earlier
- there is one item Starseeds, that you can't get except by IAP

Is this true? Are Starseeds essential for the game? What about the other IAP items?

I'd prefer not to have to play then find out it's impossible without paying some serious cash.
08-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Played 4 battles. I have not played this on Facebook. So far enjoying it. You do get starseeds and coffee as rewards in battle but I can see how you may need to get more later. The game allows you to rest tour Mogas to regain strength so coffee is not an issue. Game also limits how much you can play because you need trainer strength to play and when it runs out you have to wait until it fills back up. Looks like thus is going to be a tiny tower type of experience where you are encouraged to play about 15 min a day.
08-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the impressions TastyFish! Kinda weird how its not in the US or NZ yet.
09-01-2011, 09:47 AM
This is in the US now.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
It's in Canadian AppStore. Did a small search and found out:
- Canada has been getting it and updates earlier
- there is one item Starseeds, that you can't get except by IAP

Is this true? Are Starseeds essential for the game? What about the other IAP items?

I'd prefer not to have to play then find out it's impossible without paying some serious cash.
You can find starseeds in battle drops and you get them as quest rewards.

I think this game will possibly require an IAP becasue the seeds are pretty hard to get hold of unless there is a case for grinding to gain the seeds.

I'm on Cancer (4th Island) Island atm and have given up trying to catch a wyrm on the previous island because of the 5% grab rate and lack of seeds.

So yes, I think its gonna be one of those games.

A pity because it kinda good as far as these types of gmes are concerned but I believe you'd have to spend a massive amount of real coin to complete it.
09-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Oh wow, and just a couple of months ago I asked whether there would be an iOS version.

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221