★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Alien Space Retro --> FREE

08-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Alien Space Retro --> FREE

08-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Looks fun and free :P So I'll have fun with this on the beach tomorrow, hopefully.

My game recommendations:
Hard Lines - Comboline - Magnetic Billiards Blueprint - Canabalt - The Blocks Cometh - Gangstar: Miami Vindication - Puppet War - Tetris - Dalton - Siege Hero - Cuddle Bears - Doom Classic - Space Leap - Bug Heroes - Startales

08-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Had this on my wishlist, knew this would drop to free (sorry if that sounds mean dev ) but on the upshot, I just might buy the iAP
08-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Heck yea

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Got this when it first came out, definitely worth buying, but for free! Grab this now!
08-13-2011, 05:03 PM
This game is freaking fun!
08-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Damn that was fast. Free already? Well, thanks!!!
08-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Yar! Doesn't work on my iPad for some reason. I get a black screen for several seconds, then I hear brief music and it crashes. I tried restarting and even re-downloading to no avail.

I'm running 4.2.1 jailbroken.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone, yup the game will be free just for this weekend. Monday it goes back up to $0.99. The game has been doing incredibly well, with Apple featuring it in several places on iTunes. So, this is really just sort of an experiment in App Store dynamics, you might call it. I mean, the game isnt really designed to be freemium, but if it turns out the IAPs do well enough so that the game can still make some money even at free... then I might consider keeping it there longer, who knows.

Anyway, I hope you guys that havent played the game for financial reasons or whatever can now check it out, and I hope you like it.

Independent developer of Alien Space, Alien Space Retro, and now Annihilate

For more information and latest updates, join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlienSpaceGame
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Had this on my wishlist, knew this would drop to free (sorry if that sounds mean dev ) but on the upshot, I just might buy the iAP
The funny thing is I had no plans to ever change the price, I only just thought yesterday that it might be an interesting test to do this for a couple of days to see how it goes. But of course, if you like the game and decide to get any of the IAPs, that's always much appreciated. As a 1-person indie developer, I can assure you it all goes directly into supporting more game development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Yar! Doesn't work on my iPad for some reason. I get a black screen for several seconds, then I hear brief music and it crashes. I tried restarting and even re-downloading to no avail.

I'm running 4.2.1 jailbroken.
Arghh, I'm honestly not sure how the jailbreaking might be affecting this. Did you try completely re-starting the device?

Independent developer of Alien Space, Alien Space Retro, and now Annihilate

For more information and latest updates, join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlienSpaceGame