★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Oolong is a young monk. Help him learn kung fu and master brick breaking. Use razor sharp throwing stars to fend off an army of evil ninja.

Stroffolino's comments:

Lite Version: AppStore Link

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Cool, gonna check it out!

08-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I like the game including chinese element,I wish it is really awesome!
08-16-2011, 01:29 AM
REVISED:

Tried the Lite, and played to the end. Note that it's very short. Elements of various classic martial arts arcade games like Kung Fu Master and Shinobi, with a dash of Karateka!

Unfortunately the Lite doesn't let you actually play the quest. You only get a taste of controlling your fighter, and some mini-games. So, it's hard to comment on the actual game. Also, I don't personally like the graphic style too much - rendered doll-like sprites - but others might.

For now, I give this Lite a 3. It's promising, but not sure how good the full game might be.

If you like, I'd be happy to have a code for the HD version (I use an iPad 2). Thanks.

Last edited by Chocolate; 08-16-2011 at 01:42 AM.
08-16-2011, 01:45 AM
I was hoping to squeeze the lite version to under 20meg. Given that it didn't make that cut, I'll likely update it to include the first few levels of the full version at some point, and/or a survival minigame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
OK, yeah it's very good! Tried the Lite. Elements of various classic martial arts arcade games like Kung Fu Master and Shinobi, with a dash of Karateka! Nice work!

Unfortunately the Lite doesn't let you actually play the quest. You only get a taste of controlling your fighter, and some mini-games.
08-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuggboota View Post
Интересные посты – это ваш стиль безусловно!
Ζψε. €&@)(

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
08-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Kung Fu Monk is very interesting game. A good thing about this game is, KungFu Monk is iPad and retina display compatible.