★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Robots Can't Jump: Teaser

08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Robots Can't Jump: Teaser

Just a short teaser trailer and DevBlog update for Robots Can't Jump, Bayside Games' upcoming iOS game! Feel free to give feedback on what you'd like to see in the game - we are still fairly early in the development process and would love to hear from fellow developers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wer9WzbGB1Y

Our DevBlog is here:
http://baysidegames.net/blog
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll post as to why I think that with 100+ views there are no comments...

There's no context as to what is going on in the teaser. It isn't gripping - it doesn't tell anyone anything about why these blocks are being destroyed. Is the robot looking for something? Is he being attacked by something else?

You've got the beginnings of ... something ... we just don't know what. Summing it up:

There is no antagonist, and no story.

So, either set us up with a description of what WILL the story/antagonist be and we'll have a frame of context to give you suggestions and proper feedback.
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Good title -- got me to look. Music is nice. I think it's fairly forgettable though. The graphics look like prototype art rather than polished finished art. And I don't see what the gameplay hook is -- what makes this game fun? The video doesn't reveal it and then there's no story / context to get you into it either.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Looks like some great potential, especially with procedural environments.
08-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm not exactly sure what's happening but this game looks quite interesting. It's like a mixture of Moss and MineCraft lol. Graphics seem to need a bit of work but I do like the zoom in and out feature - quite different. Also I see blocks appearing/disappearing, not sure what it means but I'm assuming its a pretty important part of the game?

All in all, from the looks, its quite interesting!!

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer