★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pinball Dreams HD

08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Pinball Dreams HD

Last edited by dekk; 08-16-2011 at 12:06 PM.
08-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Looks good - just not sure I can justify another $5 for the same game I just got on ipad. Is there anything different in the mac version at all? Seems like a straight port right down to the menus.

Hope it does well for you though.
08-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
Looks good - just not sure I can justify another $5 for the same game I just got on ipad. Is there anything different in the mac version at all? Seems like a straight port right down to the menus.

Hope it does well for you though.
Hi, it's 1:1 the same game so if you already own it on iPad then it's not going to give you anything more on the OS X - except ofcourse that you use keyboard to control it

,,juuso // rodeo
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I just happened to stumble over this game last night when I did my infrequent check-up on what's new in the world of iOS pinball and I saw that there was a Mac version as well through the Cowboy Rodeo site.

You guys actual made one of my wishes come true: being able to play PD on my Mac. Well, I could still play the shoddy DOS port I got via the Gold Pinball Pack I bought from GOG, but that version is just painful - they must have tried real hard to make the game suck back then.

Anyway, I love this new version you guys made. It looks, sounds, and plays fantastic! This will certainly remain in my favorite Mac game list. Guess the Mac App Store is good for something after all. Harhar.

I definitely appreciate that a classic top-down camera was included since as far as I'm concerned the tables look their best that way. Is there any possibility you might include a static classic camera in the future? I'd figure it'd be quite easy to do with a little zooming out. That's really the only niggle I have with the game. Other than that's, it's great.

Say, is there a chance of Pinball Fantasies receiving a similar facelift? If so you can take my cash right now.