★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you have any "popular" titles that you've never touched?

08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you have any "popular" titles that you've never touched?

Not sure if this has been asked, but as I was looking through my Ipod, I noticed some titles, that are considered by most to be great titles, that I've never touched. I got all of these when they were on sale for .99 (or free in a few cases) and I just either haven't had time or haven't thought about playing them yet.

Civilization Revolutions
Dragon's Lair II
Game Dev Story
Infinity Blade
Jet Car Stunts
NBA Jam
N.O.V.A
Osmos
Plant Vs. Zombies
Street Fighter IV
Soosiz
Spirit
Solipskier
Baseball Superstars 2011
Soccer Superstars 2011
Super Quickhook

Wow. That is pretty messed up. I probably deserve whatever flaming is appropriate. I think I should probably start playing some of these. I read such good things about all of them. It just seems like when I pick up my Ipod for a few minutes, I always resort back to my old favorites.

You guys have any like this?

Last edited by DJCaseyD; 08-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Angry Birds Seasons
Nanosaur 2
Mission Europa Collectors Edition
Need For Speed Shift
Max And The Magic Marker
Bird Strike: Gold Edition
Rolando 2
Fruit Ninja
Isaac Newton's Gravity

08-16-2011, 03:04 PM
I think we probably all have long lists like this, especially from sales and promotions. I think it might be more interesting to ask people WHY these games go unplayed?

In my case:

1. I like the slick graphics of the Gameloft games, and always grab their stuff whenever it's on sale. However:

- many of the games are sequels, which means I don't want to play #2 unless I've finished #1 (N.O.V.A 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Gangstar Miami Vindication)
- many of those games are 500MB+ in size, and contain long FMV intros, which
- make it difficult to start or get into a game. iPhone stuff is best for pick-up-and-play, not lengthy movies and tutorials.

2. Also, RPGs. I love em, even though I know I won't have time to finish most of what I start. And why even touch something before you know you will have a chance to get into it? (KRPGs, Aralon, Sacred Odyssey)

3. New and innovative titles, sadly, don't get tried as often as the "safe," known retro properties. (Spider, Cut the Rope, GOMG)

How about you?
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Here's mine:

NOVA 2
DH 2
Sacred Odyssey

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I think my list goes unplayed because most seem to be titles that will take a while to get into or finish and/or take too long to learn how to play, so I resort to the simple pick up and play stuff when I only have a few minutes (which is most of the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JindoFox View Post
I think we probably all have long lists like this, especially from sales and promotions. I think it might be more interesting to ask people WHY these games go unplayed?

In my case:

1. I like the slick graphics of the Gameloft games, and always grab their stuff whenever it's on sale. However:

- many of the games are sequels, which means I don't want to play #2 unless I've finished #1 (N.O.V.A 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Gangstar Miami Vindication)
- many of those games are 500MB+ in size, and contain long FMV intros, which
- make it difficult to start or get into a game. iPhone stuff is best for pick-up-and-play, not lengthy movies and tutorials.

2. Also, RPGs. I love em, even though I know I won't have time to finish most of what I start. And why even touch something before you know you will have a chance to get into it? (KRPGs, Aralon, Sacred Odyssey)

3. New and innovative titles, sadly, don't get tried as often as the "safe," known retro properties. (Spider, Cut the Rope, GOMG)

How about you?

Last edited by DJCaseyD; 08-17-2011 at 06:32 PM.
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
In no order:

Fast Five
Race After 1977
Reckless Racing
Rage HD
Dead Space
COD Zombies
Zombie Gunship
Labyrinth 2
Qubit
Fruit Ninja
GTA Chinatown Wars
Space Miner
Cut the Rope Ex
Feed Me Oil
Rolando 2
Bounce on 2
Coin Drop
Nba Jam
SFIV Volt
Anodia
Frogatto
1-bit ninja
Game Dev Story

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I bet I have a 100 I have never played and 200 I've touched once or twice. Big hitters I've played once or twice would be:
Pretty much all the game loft games
Carcassone
Angry birds sequels along with cut the rope sequel
Avadon
Puzzle agent 2
Snuggle truck hd
Flight control hd
Chaos rings hd
Gesundheit
Cordy
Roboto
Neuroshima hex
Ghost stories
Army of frogs
Etc etc etc

I have a ton of games and am more addicted to buying them, then playing them it seems
08-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Starfront
Assassin's Creed
Zenonia 3
Madden 2011
Death Rally
Legendary War
Call of Mini: Zombies
Zombie Smash
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
The Settlers
Chaos Rings
Aralon
Sacred Odyssey
NOVA 2
Dead Space
9 Innings 2011

^ that is a pretty ugly list of stuff I haven't even touched. In my defense every single one of those was picked up while on sale or for free.

Last edited by Ethanp; 08-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.
08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Angry Birds

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, if I added half the free stuff I've picked up (like Death Rally), my list would be HUGE. My problem is that I'm a collector, probably even moreso than a player, so I have a ton of stuff I've never touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanp View Post
Starfront
Assassin's Creed
Zenonia 3
Madden 2011
Death Rally
Legendary War
Call of Mini: Zombies
Zombie Smash
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
The Settlers
Chaos Rings
Aralon
Sacred Odyssey
NOVA 2
Dead Space

^ that is a pretty ugly list of stuff I haven't even touched. In my defense every single one of those was picked up while on sale or for free.