★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A fresh vibrant new look at the top-down iPhone hack and slash. GooMonsters takes the action adventure genre and mixes in a more casual enjoyable gameplay experience.

Splatter everything!!! It's addicting.

WHAT IS GOOMONSTERS?

In GooMonsters, the basic gameplay mechanic is simple, kill or be killed. In each level a wave of enemies attack the player. Each enemy has it's strengths and weaknesses. The player must develop their plan to complete each level successfully.

CAMPAIGN
Campaign missions revolve around one of 4 base gameplay styles. These include Vanquish, Survival, Collector, and Trainer and add variety and fun to the game.

WEAPONS
Weapons are a huge part of GooMonsters. You start out with a massive sword that splatters enemies like a knife through butter. But grab unlockables and you'll be using your own GOO PET, TURRET DRONE, ATTRACTOR BOMB, and MORE in no time.

MINI GAMES
The assortment of mini games will keep you playing GooMonsters for long after you complete the campaign. With over 10 mini games, you'll find GooMonsters delivers a lot of variety to hack and slash gameplay.

ACHIEVEMENTS
Love Achievements? You'll love GooMonsters. GooMonsters has 58 achievements for even more replay value. Not only that, but these achievements are collected on both GameCenter and OpenFeint. So if you are apart of either social network, GooMonsters will earn you achievement points on both!

LEADERBOARDS
With over ten minigames and a full campaign, there are 12 leaderboards to climb the charts in. Compete against friends, family, and the world.

GRAPHICS & ANIMATION
Clean crisp vibrant graphics are just the start of GooMonsters. From the stretch and pull of gooey movement to shockwaves and explosions, GooMonsters is beautifully animated.

HACK, SLASH & SPLATTER
That's it! Grab you sword to hack, slash, and spatter each and every goo... over and over and over.

CONTROLS
GooMonsters now supports both tilt and joystick gameplay controls. As well as improved sensitivity options. You can control GooMonsters however you want!

DIGITALLYBOLD
For more information or support please visit digitallybold.com

REVIEWS
"...DigitallyBold has set their standards pretty high. GooMonsters is a great example of that. At $0.99, its a great deal, and includes lots of content to keep you playing and re-playing for quite some time. "
-TheAppShack

"...interface reliability, difficulty curve, enemy design, and achievement handling it plays like a checklist of things we love to see."

-ifanzine.com
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
sweet!! Thanx for posting!! Love me some hack'n'slash games!

08-16-2011, 06:36 PM
There's a trailer on their website (below), but it's Vimeo so I don't think I can embed it.

http://digitallybold.com/games/goomonsters
08-18-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm really not liking the controls...

You tilt to move, and hold the button in the lower left corner to stay still, and tap the right button to slash...

I was thinking that you controlled the character with a joystick... but was way wrong... =o(

Oh well... hope they do add some control options in the future...
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM
syntheticvoid, sorry you don't like the controls. If you like Tilt to Live, you'll like GooMonsters' controls. You have control over how you wish to handle the controls and what you want the neutral position to be. In all our beta testing, you are actually the first complaint we have had over the controls. In all honesty, all comments have been praising how smooth and easy it is to set the tilt controls to your liking. Many of the testers, had not played Tilt to Live and thought we came up with the idea. Sadly, we didn't, it really is extremely resemblant to Tilt to Live. We'll keep a look out on popular opinion and see what to do in the future.

Also here's the promo video on youtube. (thanks syntheticvoid)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DigitallyBold; 08-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I do like tilt to live, and actually have a whole folder on my iPod full of games that are like Tilt To Live... and have spent a little more time with this one... and am starting to like it more...

It just wasn't what I was expecting, which isn't always a bad thing...

But yeah... I'm gonna keep playing around with it... it's gotten kind of interesting after playing for about 10 minutes... =oD

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 08-19-2011 at 08:55 AM.
08-18-2011, 10:20 AM
lol... really look like tilt to live. but urs cool too
08-18-2011, 11:36 AM
some sensitivity options would be nice... I think I'm constantly having to tilt my iPod just a little too much... =o/
08-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Game Impressions

cyborg 5000,
haha, it definitely is inspired by Tilt to Live. However, gameplay really is nothing like it. Just the way you move your character is pretty much identical.

syntheticvoid,
I disagree with you needing to over tilt. However, I've played the game more and am quite familiar to the controls. The sensitivity issue is something we will look into adjusting. The reason it isn't there now is because you are a human character whose agility is set. It'd be somewhat like playing any top down shooter (humans, mechs, etc) and being given the option to set your characters speed. That's not typical at all! You may be able to pay for upgrades to speed in a mech game but the characters' speed is always a part of the gameplay.

This is why we give you 2 levels at the beginning to get acclimated to the game. And the next 4 or so ramp up difficulty slowly. Allowing the player to really get a feel of their character's controls and movement before they get bombarded by difficult launching, spinning, and exploding enemies.

Here's another video of actual hands on playing Bomba Party, one of the many GooMonsters minigames.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitallyBold View Post
syntheticvoid, sorry you don't like the controls. If you like Tilt to Live, you'll like GooMonsters' controls. You have control over how you wish to handle the controls and what you want the neutral position to be. In all our beta testing, you are actually the first complaint we have had over the controls. In all honesty, all comments have been praising how smooth and easy it is to set the tilt controls to your liking. Many of the testers, had not played Tilt to Live and thought we came up with the idea. Sadly, we didn't, it really is extremely resemblant to Tilt to Live. We'll keep a look out on popular opinion and see what to do in the future.

Also here's the promo video on youtube. (thanks syntheticvoid)
YouTube: video
I am sorry to say I am now the second to complain about the controls. Controls can have optional setups, and this should have joysticks IMHO. I often wonder why when devs release a game, they don't give every imaginable (humanly possible within time constraints) control config. as optional settings. Controls will always be subjective and relative to who is playing. I play with an ipad for most gaming and doing so for any amount of time with the accelerometer is quite fatiguing. I personally would never 'get used' to these controls, but hey that's me. If I am only the second person to complain, I must be in the minority and this just isn't for me. The best of success to you!