★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lame Castle HD out now (Universal app)

08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Lame Castle HD out now (Universal app)

Hey Everyone, Be-Rad Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Lame Castle HD.

App Store Link

PM me if you want a promo code!

New Features in the HD version:
*It's a universal app
*Added OpenFeint support for achievements and leaderboards
*Made the backgrounds cooler
*Fixed some of the gameplay to be friendlier (treasure chests don't float too high, pickups move forward so there's more time to get them)
*Lots of little bug fixes and tweaks

Lame Castle Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
PM sent!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Woot!

I remember hearing about this game a while back, and I was thinking it was just another distance game, however, the endless isn't even the main game! 5 stars for great graphics, control, and sound! 💩My only request would be an option to change volumes, and not just have on or off. 💩Love the music, and wanted to crank it above the sound effects

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
08-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Lame Castle HD is a gorgeous, funny, and well-rounded runner that takes place along the rolling hills of a medieval countryside. It brings it's fair share of innovation to the table, as well, which can be summed up in two words: kicken' chicken.

As with any runner, you tap to jump and shoot, while speeding along from stage left to stage right at dizzying speeds. Where this game diverges is in the utilization of a clever mechanic by which the player can juggle chicken while in transit. Running through a barn or a lancing a bale (of hay, that is) spawns a little round chicken that bounces along in front of your fearless knight. Kicking at it or dashing into it scores points. Hitting the same chicken again increases your tally exponentially and doing so requires some level of skill. You see, multiple birds can be under foot and timing is of the essence, because you have to simultaneously leap over spiked pits and clear boulders from your path. Winged chests also appear and juggling them requires the frequent use of windmill air drafts to keep you afloat. Now picture trying to manage perfectly timed jumps to collect power-ups, in the midst of this chaos and you start to understand why this game excels. This alone, the mechanic and the challenge it provides, is worth the price of admission, in my opinion.

But there's more! In each of the core 24 levels, there is a corresponding objective, above and beyond the normal goal of traversing as much of the level as possible. These vary a reasonable amount, from a mere point hoard to the aforementioned juggling. There are also four additional endless modes, unlocked by completion of various tasks, each of which focuses on a single core gameplay component. Not only are the objectives and additional modes a fun diversion, but they also extend replay value.

The friendly folks at Be Rad may have been inspired by an ill-conceived commercial from an Apple rival, but what they've delivered is much more than a spoof. Lame Castle looks great, it plays great, and it deserves a springboard slot on the iPad of any true fan of the genre.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-17-2011, 01:53 PM
08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I received a code for this, thanks.

I love the look of the game, the art is nice and there is a lot of overall polish to the game. The controls are simple and the touch mechanics are spot on. The gameplay is similar to other endless runner type games but being a fan of knights and the like, the game is pretty appealing to me.

The name may throw some people off. I had completely forgotten about the PSP commercial and never would have tied this game to that if I had not read a post about it. I now remember this game coming up after the commercial came out but I had long forgotten about it.

I am glad that this Dev did not rush a product out to cash in on a moment but since it has been so long I am not sure how many people will catch the tie in but if they do it has lost it's impact.
08-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Thank you for the promo code! I must say that this is a very well made game. I have tried a lot runner games and I think the art and the atmoshpere of the game is the best out of all I've seen. There are too many runner games on the appstore but the devs have made this game different. You dont just aim for a long distance, instead the games gives you objectives to complete while you try to avoid obstacles and reach the goal. It gets more and more challenging as you progress. I really enjoyed juggling the chickens
I would give this app 5 stars on appstore. Overall very nice presentation and fun gameplay!
08-18-2011, 05:28 AM
PM sent. Loved the iphone version
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
First, thank you for the promo code.

I played the game on both the iPad and the iPhone 3GS. I really love the look of the game, and I've had a fair amount of fun with it so far (considering that it's up against around eight other apps I bought today).

I prefer playing on the larger iPad screen, but that's true about most games.

So far I've played though the first seven castles, not choosing to move on to the next until I'd completed the bonus requirements.

If you enjoy runner type games, you'll likely enjoy this one.
08-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the promo. Looks great on the iPad , good job