★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Traffic Lights: Easy Street

04-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Traffic Lights: Easy Street

Hey guys,

I have a new update for ya for Traffic Lights. I listened to all the comments you had and have this to show for it:

- Pause menu was redone to let you go back to the main screen. If you have a high score and are not in Sandbox mode, it will record that high score.

- I have 6 cars total now. (This number might go up by the time the app is released).

- Some people were having trouble learning how to play the game in easy mode, so I made it a little easier.

- Just incase you guys had thought that you were getting good at Insane, I switched it over to nighttime to make things a little harder.

- I also fixed several bugs that were found (the one most everyone reported was god mode staying on after leaving Sandbox mode).

That does it for this build. I'll be uploading it to Apple real soon. There's actually a build still in processing that I want to get approved first.. it fixes an important bug so I want to make sure you guys have that.

The next build will have a global high score list courtesy of Pwned.com. The high score list will show what level you achieved that score, what your score was and how many collisions you had.

I'm also working on getting some sounds. I can't guarantee that it'll be in the next build, but I promise I'm working on it.

Hope you all enjoy. As always, any questions/comments feel free to get ahold of me.

PS As a bonus, here's a teaser picture of another app I'm working on. This one will have a lot more action

04-26-2009, 02:29 AM
things are going well with sound effects, still working on music. hopefully soon!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Sounds good man.. I'll also be trying to get some recordings
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for these changes - hopefully I'll cope better now! My 9-year old won't mind whatever happens - he just enjoys crashing the cars!
04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Selina View Post
Thanks for these changes - hopefully I'll cope better now! My 9-year old won't mind whatever happens - he just enjoys crashing the cars!
haha.. fyi if you put him in sandbox mode, he can touch each car to make it explode

Let me know if you can think of anything he'd like to see, I'll make sure it gets in.
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I really like this app, the only thing that turns me away is the graphics.
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Yaa.. I'm not much of a graphic designer, sorry :/
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Update was just released by Apple.. should make things a lot easier.

I also submitted another game today. I'll post screenshots and video soon!
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Just downloaded it and I still find it too hard

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I have a suggestion. How about a slider option that lets us choose how fast the cars move? The reason I think it's so hard is that the cars move so fast that you don't have much control over what's going on. If they moved slower, we could see better what's going on, and I know I'd have a lot more fun with the game. As is, they move blazingly fast and all I'm doing is hitting buttons.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey