★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ever wondered how much fun a banjo obsessed vegetarian piranha would be? No, well not surprising really, but the answer is loads!

Banjo Piranha is an addictive physics arcade game that puts the player in control of Banjo, the vegetarian piranha with a fondness for, well, banjos.

Players swim around fun and progressively more difficult stages - collecting as many banjos as they can, to score as highly as possible. By diving deep and jumping into the air, players can attempt to skilfully land on a desired banjo, or simply crash into things an knock them into the water for later collection.

While on this epic banjo hunt, players also have to keep an eye out for fruit and vegetables. As Banjo is a vegetarian, collecting these will score more points, and activate progress to the next stage.

But they shouldnt leave it too long before munching on the food! There are other piranhas chasing them, and they will get hungrier and hungrier and faster and faster. Avoiding them is essential, either by slick manoeuvres or distracting them with meat, because if Banjo gets eaten its game over.

Game Features:

Banjos
Addictive, quick fire gameplay
Universal app for iPhone and iPad
Fruit
Gorgeous retina graphics
Controls on left or right
Fab audio and great music
50+ stages of increasing difficulty
Meat
Angry enemy piranhas
Personal bests saved for; score, stages completed, banjos collected, biggest air and longest survival.

REVIEWS:
Banjo Piranha offers a fast, funny arcade gameplay for 99 cents appexam.com

"engaging and entertaining. Banjo piranha is a perfect setup for your casual gaming on the couch, which even your kids can enjoy." ipadarena.com

Good to see there are folks out there who really put effort in creating games. The game runs very smoothly and the graphics are fingerlicking good the game costs 99 cents and that's a downright bargain." Ipadinfo.nl

this game is perfect for fans of casual games ipadblog.nl

An easy-as-pie concept combined with great gameplay leads to endless hours of fun. appgefahren.de

TRAILER:
http://www.banjopiranha.com

Sauce Digital's comments:
hi folks,

Banjo Piranha has hit the App Store!

Interestingly it only took 5 days for review. It's $0.99 and universal, head over here for a look:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/banjo-piranha/id456280324

EDIT: v1.1 just came out. The controller can now be switched to the left of the screen.

Here's the trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Banjo Piranha is a physics arcade game that puts the player in control of Banjo, the vegetarian piranha with a fondness for, well, banjos.

Players swim around progressively more difficult stages, diving deep and jumping into the air, to collect as many banjos as they can, to score as highly as possible. While doing this they also have to eat all the fruit and veg they can find, to progress to the next stage.

But they shouldn’t leave it too long before munching on the food! There are other piranhas chasing them, and they will get hungrier and hungrier and faster and faster. If Banjo gets eaten, it’s game over.

Game Features:

• Addictive, quick fire gameplay
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Gorgeous retina graphics
• Fab audio and great music
• 50+ stages of increasing difficulty
• Angry enemy piranhas
• Personal bests saved for; score, stages completed, banjos collected, biggest air and longest survival.

08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Looks great, congrats for the release !!

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member

08-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Looks cool! Does anyone know if you can flip the control pad to the left side?
08-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to untraceable Send a message via Skype™ to untraceable
hi morgan,

I love your innovating games especially for Touch Football and Monkey Tennis " miss just the retina and a little bit more " but real fun and easily playable. ^^
08-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks damn fine... Wishlisted.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasio_john View Post
Looks great, congrats for the release !!
Thanks

This is release number 8 now!
08-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Looks cool! Does anyone know if you can flip the control pad to the left side?
No and that is the only problem I have with this game. Banjo is a great character, the art and gameplay are extremely polished but I am having a really hard time with the controls on the right side.

Please allow the ability to move the controls to the left.
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
No and that is the only problem I have with this game. Banjo is a great character, the art and gameplay are extremely polished but I am having a really hard time with the controls on the right side.

Ok that seriously stinks. Not even a righty vs leftie issue - it's a gamer habit!

Could this possibly be fixed in an update cuz I don't think I can handle that. I know it seems minor but when you are used to precise movements with one hand it is hard to change!
08-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Ok that seriously stinks. Not even a righty vs leftie issue - it's a gamer habit!

Could this possibly be fixed in an update cuz I don't think I can handle that. I know it seems minor but when you are used to precise movements with one hand it is hard to change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

This is on this list for the first update, amongst other things. However, considering the number of people mentioning it, I'm going to do it first as a minor update. Sorry it wasnt there to start with!
08-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce Digital View Post
This is on this list for the first update, amongst other things. However, considering the number of people mentioning it, I'm going to do it first as a minor update. Sorry it wasnt there to start with!
Maybe you should write this in the description, so you don't get more 1-star reviews because of that issue.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!