★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the Emergency Solar Disaster Response Team or ESDRT, You have been chosen out of a large pool of candidates to pilot the XR-01 rescue craft deployed from out fast responder mother ships. Our mission, to save the lives of those facing danger across our solar system. Congratulations and good luck pilot.

Prepare to venture into the depths of space as you rescue stranded astronauts in this arcade classic with new twists! Use your lander to pick up the victims while navigating dangerous terrain and dealing with hostile effects such as gravity and asteroids! Do you have what it takes to prevail in this challenging arcade title?

Features

-Disaster situations on the Moon, Mars and Europa
-12 total levels
-Two Unlockable modes
-Multiple Hazards to avoid
-Game Center support
-Regular updates with new Disasters in the solar system

Kisguri's comments:

Recruitment Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thankfully the release of Final Fantasy Tactics did not effect my ability to get the work done on my second iOS game and get it released. I mean Squaresoft tried with it's third attempt to steal hours of my life away in pursuit of building the perfect mix of characters. But luckily I was not swayed to much and as such have finished "Solar Rescue Densetsu"!

Solar Rescue Densetsu takes inspiration from the classic game from the late 70's "Lunar Rescue". In Solar Rescue your fast reaction team is deployed to various corners of the solar system in response to disasters. As first responders it is your job to safely land your rescue vehicle on the surface, retrieve survivors and return them to the Mothership. Obstacles including steam vents, Gas ruptures, Asteroids and more will make your task more difficult. 12 levels currently spread across three disasters and two unlockable bonus modes await those that heed the call to service.

So look at the recruitment photos, watch the recruitment video, and decide if you have what it takes to join the Solar Rescue Emergency Disaster Response Team today...

Also it has been mentioned by my fellow American readers of TA that no one releases promo codes for new games during Normal USA business hours, it's 9:46 am EST time and I shall release some here!

LERY6M33AYL9
JYFEREXMA6JL
HF3R9WWKEPEM
KJLR36K3W97X
HPMEH66WKAKF
08-17-2011, 08:52 AM
KJLR36K3W97X taken thanks! Ill post a review up soon on iTunes.

08-17-2011, 08:52 AM
thanks for LERY6M33AYL9
08-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Codes all used; better luck next time for me, maybe. The game looks like a lot of fun; thanks for sharing!
08-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Love Lunar Lander style games, just bought, will post impressions later
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Here is a screenie for the first update, which we release next month, I hope to add a new disaster every month for the forseeable future.

Accident on Mercury!
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
You had me at "Lunar Rescue" which is exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the ship at the top of the screen in the first shot (which I saw before reading the text...)

INSTABUY.

Will return with impressions later.

(Bonus info: this is the dev of Vincere Totus Astrum, which I can never remember the name of, but is great, especially since there are so few 4x games on iOS...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-17-2011 at 12:52 PM.
08-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks Drelbs for the positive comments, I appreciate it immensely!

Last edited by Kisguri; 08-17-2011 at 12:43 PM.
08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
Thanks Drelbs for the positive comments, I appreciate it immensely!
You are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-17-2011 at 12:53 PM.
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
There's actually a freeware PC version of this on the dev's site.

I didn't particularly care for it, although the retro graphics are nice.

And for the record, I loved Vincere Totus Astrum.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind