★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Solitaire by Backflip is quite simply the best solitaire game in the app store. If you love the challenge of this classic card game try this latest compelling rendition. Complete with gorgeous graphics, exciting effects, unlockable content, accruable points and endless gameplay.

The makers of popular free casual games like PAPER TOSS and NINJUMP have created a beautiful, high-quality solitaire game that will surely appeal to players of all skill levels. Featuring traditional Klondike play as well as Vegas style scoring, Solitaire by Backflip adds its own twist with a plethora of prizes to earn and even the ability to cheat when the deck is against you! If you´ve been searching for the best designed and most fun solitaire game on your iOS device then the hunt is over. Enjoy responsibly.

Features:
-Classic Klondike solitaire
-Traditional and Vegas style scoring modes
-A variety of gorgeous themes to choose from
-Eye-popping visual effects
-Satisfying sounds to enhance the experience
-A relaxing, original music score
-2 Game Center leaderboards to compete on
-Tons of achievements to earn
-Many ways to cheat, using earned points, for when the game has got you down

Making fun, high-quality mobile games is what we strive for at Backflip Studios. We have seen over 125 million downloads across our suite of games and we greatly value your continued support and feedback.

Try some of our other free games, including: PAPER TOSS, NINJUMP, SHAPE SHIFT, STRIKE KNIGHT, RAGDOLL BLASTER 2 and GRAFFITI BALL.

Check us out on twitter: @backflipstudios

Thanks for playing!
08-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Iap

will it come with IAP to remove ads or get full content? or is it truly just plain free?

08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itigger View Post
will it come with IAP to remove ads or get full content? or is it truly just plain free?
Wouldn't know....

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itigger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Wouldn't know....
From the screenshots it appears to have IAP to buy in game coins that could be used as "cheats." It's solitaire though - how much cheating does one need to do?
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Ads that can be removed with IAP. I'll wait to see if they release deluxe version like they did with ninjump. Not making that mistake again.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Gameplay Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Backflip Studios
Purveyor of fine iOS/Android mobile gaming experiences!
Follow us on Twitter!
08-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backflip Studios View Post
Hi, didn't realise you visit the forums.
Perhaps you can answer the question regarding the deluxe version. I like your games and this one seems to be quite polished. Is it going to remain Free/IAP or are you going to release premium priced ad-free version sometime down the track, like you did with ninjump?

08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Hi, didn't realise you visit the forums.
Perhaps you can answer the question regarding the deluxe version. I like your games and this one seems to be quite polished. Is it going to remain Free/IAP or are you going to release premium priced ad-free version sometime down the track, like you did with ninjump?
It is unlikely that we will release a Deluxe Version in this case, we've done so in the past with games like "NinJump" where we release additional content under a premium version. However here, the game of Solitaire is pretty straightforward so we have embedded the option to buyout ads within the game - as well as other content, you can also earn this through gameplay. In some ways this is an experiment to see if a currency accrual model is applicable (and interesting) to ultra-casual games like solitaire. In addition, we just thought a "best-in-class" product needed to be made with strong graphics, gameplay and effects. Thanks for playing, we hope you enjoy this version.

Backflip Studios
Purveyor of fine iOS/Android mobile gaming experiences!
Follow us on Twitter!
08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
It is unlikely that we will release a Deluxe Version in this case, we've done so in the past with games like "NinJump" where we release additional content under a premium version. However here, the game of Solitaire is pretty straightforward so we have embedded the option to buyout ads within the game - as well as other content, you can also earn this through gameplay. In some ways this is an experiment to see if a currency accrual model is applicable (and interesting) to ultra-casual games like solitaire. In addition, we just thought a "best-in-class" product needed to be made with strong graphics, gameplay and effects. Thanks for playing, we hope you enjoy this version.
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely pay to remove ads then (they look especially ugly on 4g devices as they are not optimised for retina displays).

08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Well, if you can update this solitaire to include Freecell (the only solitaire game I really have any interest in), make it universal, and have it run in both portrait and landscape modes for both devices, then I'll buy it / pay for IAP ad-removal.
I know I've asked for a lot, but I would be willing to pay a handsome price for it.
After all the time that the App-Store has been about, I am *STILL* looking for a decent Freecell app. There are a few Freecell apps around, but they're all diabolical.

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth • Parachute Panic • Chicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox