★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ChaosTrend Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Can you save Puddles? Use your cunning and skill to guide Puddles through a series of test labs and challenges; feeding the gem hungry Puddles along the way; to the transportation portal in each lab in this innovative and addictive puzzle game.

By collecting enough gems you can unlock the next world of test labs, and if you are really awesome you might just unlock some mini games to test your metal.

Test labs can contain a range of challenges from spikes, electricity and platforms that can squish. Water also carries its own risk and just as in real life if you trap Puddles under the water for too long hell drown.

Unique water based puzzle game, rotate the phone to change the orientation of gravity affecting the water and Puddles for a unique play experience and available in High Definition.

This version is only optimised for iPhone 3GS+, has not been tested on iPhone 3G.

ChaosTrend's comments:
Hi All,

Puddle Puzzles is out now on iOS, there are 2 version of the full game (HD and non-HD) and 2 version of the free version (HD and nn-HD), HD version of the game is for those people running iPads or retina display devices, or those that really want to support our cause. Non-HD version is for everything before retina display.

A unique water based puzzle game, rotate the phone to change the orientation of gravity affecting the water and Puddles for a unique play experience and it comes in High Definition, looks especially great on iPhone 4G and iPad!

The game will be $1.99 (£1.49 for the HD version), and the non-HD version at a special price of $0.99 (£0.69p).

full non-HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles/id432515340?ls=1&mt=8

full HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles-hd/id442944218?ls=1&mt=8

free non-HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles-free/id442945374?ls=1&mt=8

free HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles-free-hd/id442946362?ls=1&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can follow ChaosTrend on Facebook here

You can follow Puddle Puzzles on Facebook here

ChaosTrend's Twitter Feed

ChaosTrend Dev Blog

Any and all comments welcome and hope you enjoy the game!

ChaosTrend
08-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Tried the lite, and had to jump on the full version. It's brilliant!

The puzzles are all original and interesting, and making use of tilt to change the water level (think horizon line) works very well.

Controls are great.

Graphics are slightly boring, but still clean and well presented.

Definitely worth a look.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

08-18-2011, 11:09 AM
@strivemind

It’s great to here that you are enjoying the game and we also appreciate the feedback good or bad. We experimented with a lot of art styles for the game (at one stage the backgrounds where food themed!) but the lab setting made more sense when we tested the game with a focus group, (Students borrowed from the local university)and found that the water distortion worked best on straight lines. We then went a bit colour happy, but it was difficult to distinguish between foreground and background, we then decided to use a minimalist look using solid colours for the theme of the labs. We hope to spruce up the graphic with more boxes adding more levels. Thank you for your feedback, and happy gaming.
08-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTrend View Post
@strivemind

It’s great to here that you are enjoying the game and we also appreciate the feedback good or bad. We experimented with a lot of art styles for the game (at one stage the backgrounds where food themed!) but the lab setting made more sense when we tested the game with a focus group, (Students borrowed from the local university)and found that the water distortion worked best on straight lines. We then went a bit colour happy, but it was difficult to distinguish between foreground and background, we then decided to use a minimalist look using solid colours for the theme of the labs. We hope to spruce up the graphic with more boxes adding more levels. Thank you for your feedback, and happy gaming.

That makes sense, it's funny how people don't realize the extensive research and trial and error game devs must go through to make their games, and working on it for countless months then finally seeing their creation come to life.
Thinking back now, your right straight lines do make it much cooler looking, I'm glad you ended up with that design rather than the others, the design is absolutely gorgeous, very easy on the eye, it takes you to another environment in another world..I feel like I'm trapped in some sort of submarine or something, it feels almost eurphoric, but I will admit I'm currently on opiod painkillers that make me super enthusiastic and happy feeling..(not enough to make me not deemed approprite to operate heavy machinary or anything, but just enough get through a few weeks of after surgery)this game brought me more happiness than I blast moki 2 did, it's still sitting there virtually untouched..will play it once I've finished puddle puzzles for sure through

Might help ease the pain and temporarily grieve until an update!

Is puddle puzzles featured in the UK AppStore? As it's very early stages and it's already #7 in the puzzle catorgory..maybe poms are just extremely intelligent at finding wonderful games very quickly!

Congratulations either way, I'm sure many more countries will be soon to follow!

Last edited by DregsOnLegs; 08-19-2011 at 12:30 AM.
08-19-2011, 03:23 AM
I just replied to your post on our thread in ipad section before seeing this, some that is relevant so I'll copy that in here too;

Puddles started offical development (code work) just after Christmas it was in design and prototyping phase before that. It is built on a cross platform mobile (XPM) engine so that we can get an android version out soon(ish), some of that time and time before Christmas was spent building the new XPM engine.

The game was ranked at 27 in puzzle last night (UK Chart) but does seem to have dropped a couple of places this morning, we'd love to get in to the top 5 in puzzle, but who wouldn't?
08-19-2011, 04:11 AM
08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg5000 View Post
nice game! I like puzzle game!
Hi cyborg5000!

We are glad you like the game!

We also love to get feedback from gamers so if you have sometime and don't mind please tell us what you liked about the game and also what you did not like about the game? - p.s. this goes for anyone that has played the game

ChaosTrend
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Appspy reviewed this!

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
02-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Puddle Puzzles received an update recently with a new icon (the old one never displayed correctly on 90% of devices!), bug fixes and optimizations.

We also have received some new reviews;

http://finalbossfight.co.uk/index.ph...eview/puddles/

http://www.pauseunpause.com/2011/08/...uzzles-review/

ChaosTrend