Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-18-2011, 03:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Puddle Puzzles - Out Now on iOS

Hi All,

Puddle Puzzles is out now on iOS, there are 2 version of the full game (HD and non-HD) and 2 version of the free version (HD and nn-HD), HD version of the game is for those people running iPads or retina display devices, or those that really want to support our cause. Non-HD version is for everything before retina display.

A unique water based puzzle game, rotate the phone to change the orientation of gravity affecting the water and Puddles for a unique play experience and it comes in High Definition, looks especially great on iPhone 4G and iPad!

The game will be $1.99 (1.49 for the HD version), and the non-HD version at a special price of $0.99 (0.69p).

(I have only included links to the HD version here as this is the iPad section see my other post under iPhone games for both)

full HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles-hd/id442944218?ls=1&mt=8

free HD: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puddle-puzzles-free-hd/id442946362?ls=1&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can follow ChaosTrend on Facebook here

You can follow Puddle Puzzles on Facebook here

ChaosTrend's Twitter Feed

ChaosTrend Dev Blog

Any and all comments welcome and hope you enjoy the game!

ChaosTrend
Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I played this for over an hour today.

I'm honestly enjoying it more than any other releases this Wednesday.

The water physics are PERFECT
It genuinely feels like your iPad is filled with water.
And the puzzles are cute and not absolutely impossible, but still gets quite challenging, love the high polish, the cute charactor, the gameplay elements. The logic factor, the pretty colours, everything about this game is so highly executed!
Definately the most innovative release this week, I'm addicted!

I'm halfway through world 2, I've unlocked the first mini game as well,
I like that it tempts you to collect all the gems, and I love how laid back it is with time restrictions, almost every game these days have a timer for stars, this one you can collect the green crystals as slowly and carefully as you want, and still dont lose "stars" or in this case, gems.

This truly is a gem itself!

I hope this gets featured in the AppStore tommorow! It deserves it,
Well done dev team you've made a beautiful and innovative work of art!

I hope later on you may consider updating it with more levels or paid level packs, i could never tire of this sort of gameplay! Even though it already has heaps of levels.. I'm a greedy puddle addict. afraid of where I'm going to get my next high once I've finished all the levels! Lucky I've got a fair while to go yet!

You should Maybe consider Changing the icon, it doesn't do justice to how absolutely amazingly Incredible this game is. At first I skipped past it because of the icon, then I finally gave the lite version a go and fell in love and immediately bought the HD version.
Edit* iTunes is displaying the games artwork rather than the correct icon, but the correct icon is displayed correctly on your idevice.(and it's FABULOUS

Id love to see a mini game of a big maze under water that you have to twist and turn the iPad to find your way out, while collecting bubbles for air.
Even if you just changed the first mini game to tilt activated, rather than flicking, so it's more physic-ey.
Another idea for a mini game could be colored gems appearing randomly around the screen once every 5 seconds, and they disappear after that 5 seconds, you have to twist and turn your iPad around to get these gems before they disappear, you have to collect every single one to pass the round.

Another thing thatd be sweet would be in some levels the portal needs to be underwater for it to activate to allow to get to the next stage,
I've noticed some levels with a small amount of water, and rolling to the portal I thought it'd be more challenging if you had to soak the porta underwaterl,which will then open the door, whilst exiting.

Gems-
Maybe the gems you collect can all go into a big gem room where you can fling them around and play with them in some way, not sure how yet, but I'm sure that'd be cute.maybe building with those gems like building blocks and people can compete on who can build it the highest tower like on WOG.

One thing that would improve the game would be to have the game detect which direction your iPad is in and automatically flip the screen over to that angle, sometimes when I finish a level and it goes to the next level screen, it sometimes faces the wrong way. (it finished the same angle the level started at, but sometimes you have to flip the iPad over the other direction)

All in all I LOVE THIS GAME and I truly hope it becomes a huge success!
successful games need maintanence and updates, I hope you continue to add awesomeness to this game.
I'd pay for level packs until I'm bankrupt it's like crack dammit?! Haha !

It'd be a waste to stop there.there's endless opportunity to extend your game into a franchise someday, like angry birds and cut the rope.

It'd also be sweet if you could somehow incorporate different colored waters into the game,
For example, half the water is purple, half blue, but you can't swim into the purple water unless you eat a grape or something, I don't know, but something like that would make the game more challenging and bring new gameplay elements into the game keeping it fresh and fun.

Last edited by DregsOnLegs; 08-18-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Do you have to tilt the phone around?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Tilting moves the water, and you swipe to move puddles around. Tilting also moves puddles if he is on dry land. But it's not hard core excessive tilting all the time, it's surprisingly low tilting really...but tilting Is mandatory at times
Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@DregsOnLegs

Its like you have been reading our minds! Some of the ideas you have suggested are things we are debating, we definately want to make more levels for the game, but it needs to get into the chart to become viable for us to do so.

We are all glad that you are enjoying the game and hope you like the rest of the game as much as the first part you have done so far.

Please keep the suggestions coming as we are happy to include things people want in the future.

Please spread the game to people if you are enjoying it!

ChaosTrend
Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I'll get my friends addicted.they always ask to play my games, they know how obsessive I am with finding the best new ganes before anyone else, then they don't want to give my iPad back.
My sister was watching me play and was in awe over the "technology these days"
something about water and puzzles combined are so aesthetically pleasing! I'm addicted and will do my best to puddle- push this onto others, it won't be hard, I was addicted after 3 levels on the lite version. I can't stress enough how good this feels to play!

I'm so excited that you've been toying with those ideas previously, will be ecstatic some day when I see "puddle puzzles" on my update list on iTunes!

I really hope this gets the recognition it deserves and I'm sure it will be featured tomorrow and that'll allow people to witness such awesomeness a bit easier.
Have you submitted puddles to TA, app spy, 148 apps, pocket gamer and etc?

Really hope you figure out a way to introduce different colored waters into the gameplay..that'd be puzzlegasmic

Last edited by DregsOnLegs; 08-18-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Ooh loving the electricity element in W2 .. I have 3 gem OCD disorder and level 12 is making my eye twitch with frustration and rage ha ha in a good way
Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregsOnLegs View Post
I really hope this gets the recognition it deserves and I'm sure it will be featured tomorrow and that'll allow people to witness such awesomeness a bit easier.
Have you submitted puddles to TA, app spy, 148 apps, pocket gamer and etc?
We have submitted the game to 45+ sites for review 2 weeks ago and no one has posted a review yet, 1 or 2 have said they would. Hopefully if it goes up the chart a few more will review it.

We spent a lot of time on level design and have redesigned a lot of levels to make them easier, and hope that the game is flows in a fuild way, but if you feel that something just isn't working let us know as we are happy to take comments into consideration.

ChaosTrend
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Also we have had a look into the icon and it is displaying the wrong image, we had a bubbly and bright cartoony icon for the app store and the itunes specific artwork was different, and it seems to be using the itunes artwork. Download it and the correct icon is displayed on the phone which is the one it should be using.

We are on to apple to see if we can get this sorted out.

We are interested to know if you think the downloaded app icon fits the game better?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I'm downloading it on my iPhone now and see if the icon is different!
That's awesome you submitted it to 45 sites,
They are backed up with so many submissions that'll probably take a few days.
I check pocketgamer,appspy and 148 apps religiously and I always find the awesome games before they do!
But sure enough after a few days they do report on it,
I can imagine all the 5 star reviews it will be getting in a few days!

The levels have all been perfect so far, I'm now up to world three and I'm actually feeling a little sad that it's coming to an end!
The difficulty ramps up quite alot which is great!
It took me a few hours to complete world 1 and 2 with all gems..
Probably around 3 but it's hard to tell since it was broken up throughout the day when I could get a chance, and 5 minutes chances were not applicable because id get so attached to it u didnt want to put it down!

I'm loving the new gameplay elements in world three, like the electricity.
And mini game 2 - rodeo , is really cute... And quite challenging!

Last edited by DregsOnLegs; 08-18-2011 at 02:52 PM..