★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Story

08-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Game Story

Hi guys!

Problem:
I was listening to a TA podcast a few days ago and it was mentioned that game designers are struggling to put good stories into their games because they cannot afford writers. They have to come up with something themselves, despite not being very well equipped for that kind of thing.

Solution:
I like to think of myself as a writer. Certainly not the best, but people seem to enjoy reading my stories. I was thinking that I'd like to try my hand at writing a game story.

My problem:
I'm not expecting much, would just like to try something different - if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But do I have a shot? How can I express my interest to some developers that might give me a chance? Perhaps a forum here on TA, or somewhere else on the interwebs?

Cheers!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
08-18-2011, 06:34 AM
You could try the Services for Trade forum here...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I agree, and think it's a great idea what you are doing! If you need any music for those writings let me know
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks a lot!

I was sure there was a forum like that, just couldn't find it for some reason. (turns out you can scroll on the list of forums... Oops!)

I'll keep you in mind, though I'm not going to be making that kind of decision! You seem to be quite accomplished too - I don't know how well that sits with me making my first foray into unknown territory.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
08-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the kind words...I'm just trying my best like everyone else out there I am sure to get my name known!

Good luck!
08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post
Thanks for the kind words...I'm just trying my best like everyone else out there I am sure to get my name known!

Good luck!
cool
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Gavin, I just visited your site. Great stuff! Hopefully your music gets more notice. It's really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post

Good luck!