★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Doodle Jump

04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Doodle Jump

There are adverts for this game all over the forums and main website!

The main website add is pretty clever as it looks just like a review article... except rather annoyingly clicking on it tries to open it in the appstore... which means that from my work computers i have no idea what the game is actually about.

I found a video on youtube... and it looks pretty basic.... but kind of fun.

I was just very curious though as its some pretty dominant advertising and for such a low budget looking product i was wondering where they got the money to spend on the advertising? (not saying it looks like a bad game btw... just saying it doesn't look like the dev had much money to spend on it)
04-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliath View Post
There are adverts for this game all over the forums and main website!

The main website add is pretty clever as it looks just like a review article... except rather annoyingly clicking on it tries to open it in the appstore... which means that from my work computers i have no idea what the game is actually about.

I found a video on youtube... and it looks pretty basic.... but kind of fun.

I was just very curious though as its some pretty dominant advertising and for such a low budget looking product i was wondering where they got the money to spend on the advertising? (not saying it looks like a bad game btw... just saying it doesn't look like the dev had much money to spend on it)
Its a simple type/genre of game, its very well done for what it is, and its been in the top prolly 25 of app store for a while now-what more do you need to know
04-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I'll end up getting it probably then.
Can't believe i have never noticed it before if its a top listed game lol... i buy so many apps.

I was just impressed / curious with the amount of advertising behind it and was wondering if it was from a big developer / company or from one of the websites mods.
04-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliath View Post
I'll end up getting it probably then.
Can't believe i have never noticed it before if its a top listed game lol... i buy so many apps.

I was just impressed / curious with the amount of advertising behind it and was wondering if it was from a big developer / company or from one of the websites mods.
Yeah idk about that, its pretty good though, and if you have played papijump then its pretty much a more advanced version of that. The concept is just that you try to jump from platform to platform going up, but its well executed in doodle jump.