★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Never has there been such a unique and fresh take on an old game. Gem Spinner II will have you entertained for an age while you learn to master its simplicity... [it] is incredibly unique and absorbing. 5/5 Stars -- appadvice.com

At long last, the sequel to the hit game Gem Spinner has arrived! Gem Spinner II: Water Quest is unlike anything youve ever played. If you like match-3 style games but youre ready for a fresh, new experience with award-winning twists in game play, Gem Spinner is what youve been looking for.

[Gem Spinner] completely changes the whole dynamic of the match-3 game... and adds a savory dash of logical thinking to this otherwise staid puzzle formula. -- frapstr

Across the globe, priceless artifacts are missing their gems. As a world explorer and gem-matching master, its your job to visit exciting locations like the Aztec jungle, the dunes of Egypt, and the pirate shores of the Caribbean to find the missing gems and restore the artifacts. Shoot for up to 4 stars on every level and try to clear the board to earn the elusive Perfect play award. Complete the levels at each destination to unlock all-new puzzle levels for a completely new game play challenge.

Best. Game. Ever. If you're a match-3 fan, TRY THIS GAME. Its the most fun, intriguing, addicting game Ive ever played. I play it every day without fail and never get bored or tired of it. -- ck428

The new sparkling gems add a fresh dynamic to the strategy as they pop new single-cell pieces onto the board. But watch out for the sinister suns that show up to mess with your matching mojo.

Swap, drag, and spin your way around the world in this unique action puzzler.

What a great game...this can keep me entertained for hours! Other matching games are boring in comparison. -- Mich

*** Features ***

- Much more engaging than any other gem matching game you've played. (Don't believe it? Try it!)

- 150 unique levels (20 free, 130 more available with in-app purchase).

- 5 stunning destinations.

- Play in casual mode or timed mode.

- Hundreds of stars to earn!

- Beautiful animated backgrounds.

- Easy to learn, fun to play, tough to master.

- Track your best scores on each level.

Agas's comments:
This game is released two days ago and it's currently free.
Tried it and I'm amazed how good this game is.
It's a unique match-3 puzzle with twists that is truly original.
Totally recommended to try for puzzle fans!!!

08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
i just have a question, how do you guys create this box thingie here? is it a template?

08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Great game, I'm loving it... I'm about ready for the IAP. I've beat all levels on 4 stars (the casual mode). How do I solve the "stack of boxes" level? I think I've tried every combination, but can't solve it with one move.
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I really liked the first one so I'm expecting this one to be even better. Really nice to see a second one made.
08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Game Impressions

Grab this ASAP even if not still FREE, people!

This is not just a tired rehash of Bejeweled or Jewel Quest! While it may look similar on the surface as it too is all about swapping gems to make a line of 3 or more of the same color, all of the stage's gems are in a wide variety of oddly shaped glass cells. Being in these cells is both a challenging limit and allows some amazing freedom. You can't swap positions with an adjacent gem outside of your case, but you are free to move that case anywhere it will fit on the level. So say you have a little box containing 4 gems (a little 2x2 cell) and in that box there are 2 blue gems lined up vertically. Just move this box underneath or ontop of another cell with a blue gem on its outer perimeter and you'll clear the set of 3. In order to destroy these cases of gems you need to make matches over their every space (kind of like you had to do on the layouts in Jewel Quest). Destroying cells, beyond simply giving you points, will literally then clear pieces of the level which then in turn gives you more freedom to move about the remaining cells to ensure all gem cell spaces are used up.

What is also too cool about this game is all of its many bonuses. You get points for making a match, clearing out a whole cell of gems, cascades resulting from a match, making a move that simultaneously breaks two cells, and all sorts of other special scoring bits like completely clearing a level of these cells.

I doubt this makes a lot of sense out of context, just grab the game and you'll see what I mean!

If fortunate enough to have played Gem Spinner I, it is still that same game but with a much jazzier presentation, some new twists, and now you can earn 1-4 stars (or even a perfect if you manage to clear out everything) depending on how well you've cleared the level. What is also kind of clever is how each of the game's 5 locations are comprised of 10 levels. Once you've unlocked a location you are free to tackle its named levels in any order you want and or to simply replay any particular level as much as you want in your elusive quest to score perfects on all 50 levels!

6/5!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Game Impressions

Okay, while the game still get my 100% recommendation you should realize that while the game is free, there is a catch.

The game has some 50 levels but to get to 21-50 you'll need to pay a $1 to get the full game. A 20 level preview is more than generous as you'll know exactly what you're in for by the time you reach the 21st level.

My iTunes Reviews
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I just got it now because of your passionate approval for the game, LordGek! Thanks a lot, it's really fun and I just barely got past the tutorial
08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Okay, while the game still get my 100% recommendation you should realize that while the game is free, there is a catch.

The game has some 50 levels but to get to 21-50 you'll need to pay a $1 to get the full game. A 20 level preview is more than generous as you'll know exactly what you're in for by the time you reach the 21st level.
Yea, I just reach that level and paid for the extra level pack without any hesitation considering its worth it for this game. Twenty levels of game play is a big chunk of the game itself and for free. Too bad its not fully realized that its not a typical match 3 type of game but maybe with your indepth review/feedback of the game it will give others an opportunity to get a good idea of it but it should also just be actually played there's nothing to lose to try. Impressed enough with the added extra content I had also just gave this game a 5 star in the App store just now.
08-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Game Impressions

One of the game's deeper aspects I have yet to fully to master is how to carefully priotize the piece destruction. Many of the levels feature one or more really huge pieces that are so large and ungainly that without having already significantly cleared the board, you can't even flip them. It is these pieces you really want to eliminate even though it is so much easier to clear the myriad of 1-4 gem pieces from the game first...but if you clear too many of these little pieces early on you'll have no way to eventually clear the big pieces.

My iTunes Reviews
08-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I can relate to your post on eliminating the bigger blocks first as a priority. But you also can be totally reliant on how the gems fall. Sometimes for me its moving one of the smaller boxes to make the only matches thereby eliminating that box even though I'm trying to work on the bigger one. But also as you mentioned to move the bigger boxes some smaller ones do need to be taken out as well.
Quite a dilemma when we have to reach a happy medium to do this and then having to use some strategy within the bigger box to create matches so other gems will fall into place (or close enough) to continue to make matches all the while and on top of it all being careful so not to turn it so the smaller boxes will be eliminated be unrealized matches. Whew!

Clearly a very remarkable game and beyond any simple match 3 to even try comparing.