Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

As a beta tester and an owner and multi-time playthrough-er of every available Phoenix Wright game, I can confidently assure you that this is quite possibly the best point-and-click cum mystery game on the App Store. The storyline in relation to the various puzzles is absolutely spectacular.

Last edited by ChocoVanilla; 08-19-2011 at 11:10 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammabeam View Post
I'm VERY interested in this, but it looks like it's not available on international stores...
It's available in several different countries; which store are you looking at specifically?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:07 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 4.x

big price game,no thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 04:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Well, I can tell you it isn't on the Lebanese App Store.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I beta tested this and for the record I mentioned it would be a great price point at $1.99 on the questionnaire I filled out. Looks like that didn't happen.

On the other hand, the story is amazing. You can kinda compare it to Phoenix Wright because it's similar.

You have two situations:

The first one is where you basically move around the Chateau talking to people and trying to gather clues, solve puzzles and basically learn about the different people living in the Chateau.

The second one is basically like the courtroom in Phoenix Wright where you try to present all the evidence that you collected in situation 1. I really liked this since you kinda always have to be on your toes because a very wrong decision will just mean game over for you. That's what they are talking about when they say "40 different endings". And I say "very wrong decision" because you can make a "small" wrong decision and not be presented with a game over screen. Like Phoenix Wright you have lives so you can make a couple of mistakes if you want.

The mistakes are fun to make though because it doesn't just show you the game over screen but there are different ending scenes when you made a very wrong decisions. And this can happen anytime, not just in the "courtroom scene". For instance, if you •••Spoiler:  try to leave the castle, some of your family members come follow you and take you to the police. And it's really fun finding all the endings and seeing those scenes take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Anyone playing the full know how long the game is?
I think I got around two days of playtime because there are some puzzles that are kinda hard so you have to really think about what to do or where to go next but they are also interesting. I would say that it definitely isn't as long as Phoenix Wright but it's only a little bit shorter.

Anyways, I think this has turned out to be a bigger post than I expected it to be so the tl;dr version: The game is awesome. Buy it.

Last edited by Red1; 08-22-2011 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 08-20-2011, 05:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
It's available in several different countries; which store are you looking at specifically?
Nothing in Italy too.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
I beta tested this and for the record I mentioned it would be a great price point at $1.99 on the questionnaire I filled out. Looks like that didn't happen.
For the quality of content the game provides, the current price is quite fair (though for most people using the app store, a "great price point" tends to mean $1 or free). However, given the app store audience and niche style of game, $2.99 might ultimately prove to have been a more attractive and lucrative price point to pursue; $1.99, though, is honestly too low for what's on offer.

That said, Phoenix Wright is also currently available for $4.99, and this game is equally as fun (with more polish and better adventure game elements), if not as well-known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Nothing in Italy too.
So far I only see it in the NZ, Australian, US, Canadian, UK and Hong Kong stores; I assume (and hope) the developers will be rolling it out to the other regions soonish, because that's a bit anaemic.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This looks like a game I would enjoy a lot and I am really hoping for a world wide release very soon. Comparing it to Phoenix Wright in some ways only makes me want it more. I am not good at waiting patiently...
Old 08-20-2011, 06:59 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Great games and I love it.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This is the best adventure game I've played on App Store yet, even at $4.99 it is an essential purchase. The game emphasizes plot driven story with exploration puzzles. There is an insane amount of interactivity highlighted by multiple endings based on your pursuit and depth making collecting endlings almost a mini game in itself (reminding me of Chrono Trigger). The art design has a nice gothic creepiness similar too 7th Guest but more suited to iOS. Seriously, one of the best iOS games I have played yet in beta.