★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

average of in app purchase?

08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
#1
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 220
average of in app purchase?

Is there an average conversion of in app purchase?

Say a million people download how many would probably buy in app purchase for an adulty sort of game?
08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandpurple View Post
Is there an average conversion of in app purchase?

Say a million people download how many would probably buy in app purchase for an adulty sort of game?
Depends on which game
More people will likely download new map packs on nova 2
Than people will buy skin packs on pocket god

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore

08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
#3
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
Depends on which game
More people will likely download new map packs on nova 2
Than people will buy skin packs on pocket god
There is only 1 in app purchase
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
#4
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 220
Numbers

I am looking for numbers really


How many out of a million would probably buy an in app purchase?
08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
#5
There is no average conversion rate for an in app purchase. It depends on the game and the in app purchase. If you do want a number, even at best, you are looking at perhaps 5% of your total users purchasing something in the game.
08-19-2011, 10:48 AM
#6
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
There is no average conversion rate for an in app purchase. It depends on the game and the in app purchase. If you do want a number, even at best, you are looking at perhaps 5% of your total users purchasing something in the game.
That is good enough for me.
That would be 1 million dollars then
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandpurple View Post
That is good enough for me.
That would be 1 million dollars then
I like your maths.
08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
reminds me of the beheaded chicken that ran around in circles on my grandparents farm courtyard after it slipped out of the hand of my granny after she chopped its head of...

and of course the answere is 1!
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 121
Send a message via Skype™ to helioxfilm
Recommended reads (before ordering your private jet - do not buy a cheap one :-)

http://fbindie.posterous.com/freemiu...es-30-durables
http://fbindie.posterous.com/51-of-i...nue-comes-from

and read the flurry blog as well.
08-19-2011, 02:02 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helioxfilm View Post
Recommended reads (before ordering your private jet - do not buy a cheap one :-)

http://fbindie.posterous.com/freemiu...es-30-durables
http://fbindie.posterous.com/51-of-i...nue-comes-from

and read the flurry blog as well.
I found those charts very very interesting when they came out a while back. Basically, they are saying the money is in high priced consumables. Looks like if a user is willing to spend money in the game, they will usually go big.

This makes sense, especially since the average casual gamer these days is rounding 30+ years of age. They've got credit cards and are happy to spend money on something they like.

It's articles like this that tell me that paid gaming is going to die and F2P is the way to go: http://fbindie.posterous.com/if-only...oaders-make-an

Last edited by BravadoWaffle; 08-19-2011 at 02:12 PM.