★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 24 Special Ops available for iPod Touch

04-26-2009, 02:00 PM
24 Special Ops available for iPod Touch

24 Special Ops came out a few weeks ago and I was really disappointed when it wasn't available for the iPod Touch, only the iPhone. I emailed Digital Chocolate who said the reason was they didn't have a licence to release the game on the Touch as Fox did not consider it to be a mobile clearly.

Clearly something has changed since then as today I found out 24 Special Ops is now available for the Touch! I'm so pleased to finally get this game. Anyone else like me who felt left out when the game first arrived, download it now!

I've only played it briefly so far but early impressions are it's a very good old-school shooter / puzzle solver. I'm enjoying being Jack Bauer!

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy_Lloyd View Post
24 Special Ops came out a few weeks ago and I was really disappointed when it wasn't available for the iPod Touch, only the iPhone. I emailed Digital Chocolate who said the reason was they didn't have a licence to release the game on the Touch as Fox did not consider it to be a mobile clearly.

Clearly something has changed since then as today I found out 24 Special Ops is now available for the Touch! I'm so pleased to finally get this game. Anyone else like me who felt left out when the game first arrived, download it now!

I've only played it briefly so far but early impressions are it's a very good old-school shooter / puzzle solver. I'm enjoying being Jack Bauer!
It has always worked on my iTouch...

04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict4apps View Post
It has always worked on my iTouch...
It would not install from iTunes for everyone else.. anyway here is the lite
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309378567&mt=8
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I liked the game very much, i was so angry when it didn't come for iPod, but then one day i saw it on appstore. I downloaded it directly and i Enjoy playing as my favorite Character all time Jack Bauer. You get used to the controls and the game is quite challenging, enough to keep you going =) I really hate easy games, and this found a pretty sweet balance to it. Maybe it's just the 24 fanatic speaking
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I am a 24 fanatic, but this game is terrible. I was hoping it would be like James Bond 007 for gameboy, a classic, but instead it is a lame attempt to cash in on a tv franchise. The story is very outdated, the graphics are terrible, and the controls are lame.
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
I am a 24 fanatic, but this game is terrible. I was hoping it would be like James Bond 007 for gameboy, a classic, but instead it is a lame attempt to cash in on a tv franchise. The story is very outdated, the graphics are terrible, and the controls are lame.
I had the same impression. I thought it would be sure fire to combine two of the greatest things in Bauer and a Touch. But it really is just a badly made action puzzle.
Very disappointing.
04-26-2009, 04:49 PM
how many hours is the game 24 or do u get to play two days
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
finally!! I love 24!

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades