★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in "Starter kit for games" by Apple!

Nominated for the German game developers award for "Best mobile game" and "Best handheld game" 2011!

Reviews: Gamezebo 4,5 of 5 stars: "...lots of innovation and challenge and the ability to put a smile on your face. Its that rare app that absolutely should be an important part of your collection" http://bit.ly/oq1h7c

Padgadget 4,5 of 5 stars: "Riot Rings is the perfect ... game. Its fast paced, colorful, engaging, and perfect for kids and adults of all ages." http://bit.ly/qZ4svb

The iPadfan: ... (it) capitalizes on the fun one can have playing games ... using tremendous design and a theme that all can enjoy, both young and old! http://bit.ly/pdgeFH

App store customer comments:
"I just can't get enough of this bubble popper. Fun and amusing. Great animal smirks keeps me coming coming back for more" -Dazzlemi
"I am having a lot of fun with this game, I am twenty levels in and I don't want it to end. I am going to try and just play a few levels at a time." -Copperdogfive
"A totally polished package with bold, colorful graphics, great sound, and very easy, intuitive control ... Bravo" -JCat56

Welcome to Riot Rings in HD (Retina support)!

An incredible adventure: Classic, fun game play - revolutionized! Riots in zoos all around the world! Stop the stampede - Play Riot Rings!

Over 100 levels of fun, hours of entertainment! For the price of a coffee...
Amazing extras like the flying hambone and the all-mighty carrot!
Awesome game play and ideas, tailor-made for touch devices!
3 game play modes: The Campaign, Zen Mode and Free Play
Hilarious characters and vivid presentation!
Profiles - Your girl/boyfriend wants to play too? No need to delete your progress!
Game Center - Compare your score with your friends!

Get Riot Rings today! You will love it!

IMPORTANT: Users who have not switched off their iDevice for a longer period of time (weeks or months) might expect crashing apps. This is a known iOS problem. If this occurs, just hard-reset your iDevice and the game will run as expected!

metalcasket's comments:

08-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Footage of the iPad version by Sanuku:

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 08-20-2011 at 07:04 AM.

08-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Bought it and love it! Incredible production values and a very unique play on the zuma formula. On sale for a buck too.
08-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Ummm the re-released version looks a bit different....?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Ummm the re-released version looks a bit different....?
It''s not a re-release it is the iPhone version. Somehow he word "All" was slipped in there. I had this sudden update for it this morning which really only changed the word on the computer not even on the phone.

Anyway, this game is spectacular. It totally turns the marble shooter genre on its side. COMPLETELY. This has surpassed my current favorite of the genre (Sparkle) as my new favorite. I say that because this game play, while familiar, is so unique and different. There is not "home" that you must protect. You must clear a certain amount of rings per level. And they are just that - rings. Instead of preventing the chain to reach an endpoint you must prevent the ring from locking. Each ring has as its endpoint a key and a lock. They must not meet. This is pretty hard because not only are YOU adding to the rings, but animals keep floating in and adding themselves to the rings. So you must be careful where you shoot to be as efficient as you can.

Shooting is as easy as it can be. Touch where you want your new animal to shoot to. Actually landing where you THINK you will be landing is entirely a different matter however! The rings do not always go completely circular. They may go at an ellipse, they may go wavy like a rubber band. They can be shaking and moving. There are several set ups of rings as well. You might be surrounded by three smaller rings where precision is crucial. There might be two larger rings around you where you need to wait for the inner and outer rings to make a space to reach where you want to shoot. You might be off to the side instead of the middle. Some of the rings go fast, some go slow. Ok, I think you got it, the rings are all variable.

There is an endless and a campaign mode. I have been immersed in the campaign mode. You think, ah easy breezy until about level 35/40 then bam the game whacks you upside the head and you really need to be thinking on your feet! There are SO many twists and turns to complete a level it isn't funny.

Power ups, of course are part of the game and can be extremely useful. Stones of course are a part of the game and are completely a pain in the butt. But also in the game are "bosses." At spaced out intervals bees will start flying to you from all directions. You must pelt them to eliminate their HP bar. But you need to be careful because if you miss, the animal you shot will join the rings that are also spinning around you - and maybe not in the best place! So bee, or ring, or get killed - your choices on those levels. May I say this is a completely welcome addition to the genre to break up the levels.

Ok, so every game must have a gripe right? Mine are the stars. There really is no way to tell what gets you 3 stars. The developer has even said the way to get all 3 is a mystery. But sometimes I finish a level with every single stone I throw making a match, in the fastest time I ever could finish it and I get 1 star. On other levels I think I am just flailing along to PASS the level but I get 3 stars. So please consider revealing the secret Cervo Media. Please. For the love of all that is good with my brain. I beg you.

You can replay levels by tapping on the progression map. This opens up a new screen with all the levels listed and the stars that you received and places you can return to improve a score. Still have not figured out the "high score" yet either - it appears that if you replay a level, not only do you have the chance to improve your high score or stars of the level, that score is COMPLETELY added to your high score, not just the net improvement. This might make leader boards misleading at the moment since someone could sit and replay level one a million times and be the top of the leader board. I need to do some more careful observing what replaying a level actually does to my score, but that is indeed what it seemed to be doing.

Well, if you have read this until here I dunno why you didn't press the buy button yet. So go and get it. You will thank me, I am sure of it.
08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
08-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I have the ipad version and its great. The game has a ton of variety and gets really challenging. It starts of as a simple and basic marble shooter but gradually throws the kitchen sink at the genre and it works. Every single level seems to add a new twist. Easily among the best marble shooters I have ever played, and all puzzle games for that matter.
08-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I am going to guess that the "all" was added so it appeared higher in the alphabetical new release listings? If that is the case then why not Animal Riot Rings? It would have been more descriptive of the game itself and would have been the same A in the alphabet.

Now, All Riot Rings sounds more like a fighting game! Sorry, my review still stands - awesome awesome game that everyone needs to have - but now it is just more confusing a title!
08-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Awesome Riot Rings

.. or just A'Riot Rings

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
08-20-2011, 10:43 AM
How about... Riot Rings? >_> When it isn't exactly a new release anymore, maybe?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"