Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-08-2011, 11:43 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Survival Mode is unlocked by liking the devs FB page.

I just checked it, and wasn't signed into FB, didn't like the FB page, and it unlocked anyway... so you just need to click on "like our FB page to unlock survival mode" - go to the FB page, and then re-open the game, and it'll be unlocked.
Oh, ok! I am going to get the game (possibly) next week!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yeah, I really hope it isn't fixed, or they just end up making Survival Mode unlocked in a future update...

Making people like your FB page just so you have more 'followers', that probably won't ever check out your FB page again, in order to unlock another Mode in the game is kinda... meh... questionable.

Especially when not everyone has a FB account... after buying the game, they aren't going to want to go through some registration process to unlock more of the game that they already paid for... =o/
Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Yeah, I really hope it isn't fixed, or they just end up making Survival Mode unlocked in a future update...

Making people like your FB page just so you have more 'followers', that probably won't ever check out your FB page again, in order to unlock another Mode in the game is kinda... meh... questionable.

Especially when not everyone has a FB account... after buying the game, they aren't going to want to go through some registration process to unlock more of the game that they already paid for... =o/
toatally!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks Synth for your impressions! Sold me.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Thanks Synth for your impressions! Sold me.
=oD

Funny how I have that effect on people... =oP
Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

[QUOTE=syntheticvoid;1907657][QUOTE=sawyer4325;1907655]
Quote:

I just checked it, and wasn't signed into FB, didn't like the FB page, and it unlocked anyway... so you just need to click on "like our FB page to unlock survival mode" - go to the FB page, and then re-open the game, and it'll be unlocked.
Thanks for the correction and yes; Survival is unlocked by visiting Raiding Company's Facebook page, no "liking" required.

We'll probably remove that too, just didn't have had the time to figure out and implement an alternate way to direct folks to Facebook on news on upcoming game features etc. Some people want to follow the games, and also "Like" them on Facebook so I don't personally think that there is nothing bad in proving the opportunity to do that. We didn't want to implement a "Liking Gate" : ) to access Survival mode though.

Last edited by Tuokio Inc.; 09-08-2011 at 01:24 PM..
Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

[QUOTE=Tuokio Inc.;1907758][QUOTE=syntheticvoid;1907657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer4325 View Post

Thanks for the correction and yes; Survival is unlocked by visiting Raiding Company's Facebook page, no "liking" required.

We'll probably remove that too, just didn't have had the time to figure out and implement an alternate way to direct folks to Facebook on news on upcoming game features etc.
could add a little FB icon that takes you to an info page in-game that says "please visit our Facebook page to find out about new... blah blah blah..." then have a link on that page... ?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

[QUOTE=syntheticvoid;1907657][QUOTE=sawyer4325;1907655]
Quote:

[QUOTE=syntheticvoid;1907759][QUOTE=Tuokio Inc.;1907758]
Quote:

could add a little FB icon that takes you to an info page in-game that says "please visit our Facebook page to find out about new... blah blah blah..." then have a link on that page... ?
Yeah, that's a good idea and how we've, sort of, the game's Fb page link implemented in our Blonde vs Brunette Racing game. Need to work on this for the next update.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks!!

Commenting on a few things:

Quote:
got this back when it was free... and I've still got it on my iPod... which is a rarity for a DS shooter...

I'm thinking a lot of the fun stuff comes in with the 2-4 player local multiplayer gameplay... which I can't do because everyone that I know IRL has a 1st or 2nd gen touch... =oP

But I really think it would be great fun to get a group of friends together and play this one...
On iPhone, iPod Touch two players can play on a single device. We've been thinking about adding local multiplayer to do 4 player WiFi multiplayer on iPhone, iPod Touch...but maybe we'll save it for one of our future games.

We're (still) not sure if the iPhone 2 player game play (on a single device) makes sense, is fun to iOS players out there so would appreciate getting feedback on that.

Quote:
GameCenter would be nice to see how much other gamers have earned while playing in each of the tombs... hopefully that's something that's added in the future... but right now, there's not a whole lot of incentive to keep replaying the game except for the simple fact that the gameplay is pretty entertaining.
GameCenter support is coming, soonish.

Replay incentive - yeah, we decided to leave out features that would allow player to develop the character/s, buy stuff etc. We just didn't think that those features would fit this type of game (multiplayer aspect, game setting and stuff) well.

We've been thinking about building "bigger and better" Survival mode as the mode people would replay, and play for high score.

Naturally all levels can be replayed again with friends who've not played the game before. There will be, hopefully : ), improvements coming for replay for single player players too!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Would love if some of the code winners would post some feedback.
Yes, it would be cool if folks with "promo code powered play" would share their feedback (good or bad : ) - if you've time over the weekend etc.