★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Reign of Swords vs. iShoot

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Reign of Swords 13 44.83%
iShoot 16 55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Reign of Swords vs. iShoot

I only have $2 left and ive narrowed my choices down to reign of swords and iShoot. Im just wondering which one people think is better?

P.S. I know ill probably get flamed for this and people are gonna say you cant compare the two but i think you can because they are both just games. Plus, i dont understand why people hate when others ask questions like this. The point of the forums are to inform people about games, if they have a question, why cant it get answered?
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Depends. Do you play games with friends on your iDevice a lot? iShoot. Enjoyturn based strategy games? Reign of Swords.

Personally I'd go with Reign even though it has a pretty steep learning curve.

04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
ishoot is probably one of the top 5 games made for the iphone, there is no reason not to pick it up especially before it goes back to 2.99

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
They both have lite versions. Find out for yourself. Oh, and you can't compare the games
Seriously though, Reign of Swords would give you more replayability. At least in my eyes. On the subject of turn based strategy, have you considered UniWar? It may be a nice alternative to Reign of Swords. There's no lite version but it's only a dollar currently (they will increase the price soon if they haven't already). I personally don't get much enjoyment from the artillery/worms type games. So I wasn't interested in iShoot
04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducttape83 View Post
They both have lite versions. Find out for yourself. Oh, and you can't compare the games
Seriously though, Reign of Swords would give you more replayability. At least in my eyes. On the subject of turn based strategy, have you considered UniWar? It may be a nice alternative to Reign of Swords. There's no lite version but it's only a dollar currently (they will increase the price soon if they haven't already). I personally don't get much enjoyment from the artillery/worms type games. So I wasn't interested in iShoot
uniwar costs 2.99

how does reign have more replayabilty then ishoot?
you can make your own weapons
wifi play
random scenes and positioning
rule maker

i fail to see what reign has that ishoot doesn't, if anything it has more. the fact is both offer high replayability. nuff said.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I say Reign of Swords. I can't believe how much time I've put into that game. The single player is fantastic and takes about forty hours to beat. The gameplay is much better than Uniwar (a game it's often compared to,) the animations are better, and there's a great sense of accomplishment as you build your army and take it from battle to battle. Definitely Reign in my opinion.
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
NOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT POST STUFF LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk get RoS
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I prefer Uniwar to Reign of Swords. Although it doesn't have as much depth, what it does do, it does better. The poor interface of reign of swords really bothers me after a while, it really is graphically poor. Uniwar isn't breaking any barriers, but the graphics are clean and crisp. And the multiplayer is light years ahead. The building your army part is fun, but the campaign grows a bit tedious, and the multiplayer is terrible.
I'd vote for RoS out of the two in the poll, but I'd vote for Uniwar ahead of RoS any day.
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Reign of Swords has a lot of replayability because of the incentive to become the most powerful player with more soldiers, catapults, wizards, etc. Conquering all the countries also takes some time and gathering your troops one by one takes A LOOONGGG TIME. I played the "old" lite version of the game and even though I beat all the kingdoms, I would keep going on raids to gather resources and upgrade my army. Online play was also very quick and fast. Even though it wasn't exactly "live", it was still acceptable and wonderfully implemented. I dunno, that's just my opinion. iShoot just seemed to me like it didn't have a lot of depth and there's no point playing the game unless you want to waste a few minutes here and there.
05-03-2009, 07:12 AM
I noticed another user mentioned Uniwar. It has dropped back down to 99 cents, if you haven't already made a decision yet