★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Carrot War - FREE

08-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Carrot War - FREE

this game is great!!! It's got to be one of my favorite line drawing games EVER!

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-21-2011, 10:31 AM
wow
nice game

08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Yah, VERY nice game... No idea why it's not getting more attention...
08-22-2011, 07:27 AM
^ Well that's easy to answer, synthie. Quote of a review in United States App Store:

Quote:
I HATE when games try to continue to profit off of a game, especially after forking over $3 to buy it! And, there's no warning about an in-app purchase! Essentially you need to spend $2 for double the markers and another for double the lives! I'm midway thru the first level and it's looking like in order to complete the game I'll have to spend another $2 to beat the game! This is bull! Is this game worth $5?? No! It's good, but not great, maybe not even $3 worth, $1 or 2, sure. This whole mindset of continuing to bilk your customers after purchase is crap, and this game will fall by the wayside and you'll see it on the 'free for a day' lists.
Actually, most of the time I spend on reviewing games is to find out if there are hidden IAPs in "FREE" games or not (and what kind of IAPs). When they are nasty and hidden like here, this is BAD BAD BAD! Gives the App Store a really bad reputation. Never recommend games like that no matter how good they are.

(Thanks to the poster of the review quoted above—it saved me a bunch of time…)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-22-2011, 08:26 AM
IAPs don't bother me, especially when you don't need to buy them to beat the game...

The IAP here is only needed if you find the game too difficult... Which it shouldn't be... My 15 year old is progressing just fine...

Dunno why people have such a problem with IAPs that you aren't forced to buy to complete the game...

If it makes any difference, I'm halfway through the third world and don't see needing to purchase the IAP to beat the game... And if someone can't make it through the first level, they've got no business playing games... Much less rating games in the AppStore...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 08-22-2011 at 08:35 AM.
08-22-2011, 09:05 AM
And I just went back after posting, and made it to world 4... Quick movements are needed, and good multitasking skills, but it's not frustratingly difficult by any means... I got it before it went free, and think it's totally worth $3... And a great game to be picked up for free... Oh well...
08-22-2011, 10:52 AM
This game is actually very good, the iap is not hidden or trying to scam anybody and I agree with syntheticvoid that we really don't need to buy it to beat the game. I think the developer who made this game really spent a lot of time and efforts. I hope it gets more attention cause i really think it deserves better
08-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
^ Well that's easy to answer, synthie. Quote of a review in United States App Store:

Actually, most of the time I spend on reviewing games is to find out if there are hidden IAPs in "FREE" games or not (and what kind of IAPs). When they are nasty and hidden like here, this is BAD BAD BAD! Gives the App Store a really bad reputation. Never recommend games like that no matter how good they are.

(Thanks to the poster of the review quoted above—it saved me a bunch of time…)

Do you know,developer could never hidden IAP list on AppStore pages,there is no any option in the developer pages to do this!

The reason why sometimes you cant see the IAP list on pages, because in appstore, if no one to buy that IAP, that will never display, if someone buy it, at least 1 time, it will display on the pages.

Last edited by SphinxGames; 08-22-2011 at 10:59 AM.
08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Does anyone else have a white screen when playing this? I played through the whole first level and couldn't see a thing except for my marker on the screen. I thought maybe it was some kind of joke level but when I got to the second I had the same problem.

*signature for rent*
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
The IAP Puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteamster View Post
the iap is not hidden
At least here in the Austrian and German iTunes App Stores the IAPs of this game are not mentioned at any place.

Quote:
I think the developer who made this game really spent a lot of time and efforts.
He or she should spend another effort and explain clearly the IAPs in the App Store description since there is enough space for that and since he or she spent even the effort to implement the IAPs. Even from people who have actually played the game I get different information what the IAPs are for. Some are saying they are necessary to proceed (see my quote above), others not. It can't be the job of customers to find that out. When I want to play a puzzle then I'll BUY a puzzle and will not do such a strange detective job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinxGames View Post
Do you know,developer could never hidden IAP list on AppStore pages,there is no any option in the developer pages to do this!
So dev could put it in the description. Easy like that. Some are doing so already and it's the only way for IAPs to be acceptable.

Quote:
The reason why sometimes you cant see the IAP list on pages, because in appstore, if no one to buy that IAP, that will never display, if someone buy it, at least 1 time, it will display on the pages.
Never heard about that. And if it's true (anyone?) it would be the stupidest thing I ever experienced with App Store. Why should they do things like this?

As I said before: The App Store is already getting bad reputation because of such strange things in comparison to other smartphone brands software stores. When this bad behaviour should become "normal" because everybody accepts it freely like you, my next console probably will not be an iPad 3.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 08-22-2011 at 11:26 AM.