★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Which games are multiplayer games?

11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Which games are multiplayer games?

Which games are played over the internet with the phone like the game Galcon, to where people are waiting to play other players?

I don't have anyone to play phone to phone with

And I don't mean those free GPS tracking multi RPG games
11-08-2008, 05:48 PM
The FS5 games work over the internet, like "Touch4: FS5".

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

11-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Raging Thunder is MP
Adrenaline Pool is MP

=)

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
RT is multiplayer over the Internet?

--
taptoplay.de

11-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Dojo Sudoku is multiplayer over the internet as well
11-09-2008, 09:14 AM
theres only board type games that are multiplayer? I don't see why most game out is not multiplayer, it frustrates me big time. It would make the game so much better to play against other people.
11-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursndax View Post
theres only board type games that are multiplayer? I don't see why most game out is not multiplayer, it frustrates me big time. It would make the game so much better to play against other people.
The main reason is that multiplayer games are much harder to create and maintain than single player games. Board games are a little bit easier because of the amount of information that needs to be transmitted over the internet to keep the game running and up to date between the players.

Action games require a lot more data to be transmitted and the game packets have to be sent/received much faster as well. This greatly increases the complexity.

Rest assured, though, they're coming.
11-09-2008, 10:48 AM
and of course there is no infrastructure available which enables something like the ad hoc WLAN or the wifi connection the DS offers. If you want to create a multiplayer iPhone game you have to create everything by yourself.

--
taptoplay.de

11-09-2008, 11:03 AM
well how come Galcon works so well with it? games like ishoot should be exactly like Galcon. Galcon people have that game so down packed its hard to play against people, you die so easy.
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursndax View Post
well how come Galcon works so well with it? games like ishoot should be exactly like Galcon. Galcon people have that game so down packed its hard to play against people, you die so easy.
galcon was a desktop game before it was an iphone game
so the server infrastructure was there to begin with, and phil [the developer] just added iphone servers

ishoot, hasn't had an update since release, so i dont know how involved the developer is, i have yet to bite on buying this one...add multiplayer and i just might