★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Up There Lite Releases

04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Up There Lite Releases

Hey everyone! I know we're all busy on a beautiful Sunday, so I'll keep this short. In case you haven't tried Up There yet, and were waiting for the inevitable lite version, nows your chance! We said it couldn't be done, but Up There Lite is on the store!

For your perusal, here's the original Touch Arcade review of Up There, the Longest running forum post about Up There, and a link to the Full Version.

Up There has been a top 10 Game, featured by Apple, and is about 90% done curing cancer.

We're hard at work on our next game (And I mean hard... we're pulling 14 hour days every day), but hope you take a moment to check out the lite version of our current pride and joy!

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiledGames View Post
Hey everyone! I know we're all busy on a beautiful Sunday, so I'll keep this short. In case you haven't tried Up There yet, and were waiting for the inevitable lite version, nows your chance! We said it couldn't be done, but Up There Lite is on the store!

For your perusal, here's the original Touch Arcade review of Up There, the Longest running forum post about Up There, and a link to the Full Version.

Up There has been a top 10 Game, featured by Apple, and is about 90% done curing cancer.

We're hard at work on our next game (And I mean hard... we're pulling 14 hour days every day), but hope you take a moment to check out the lite version of our current pride and joy!
what's different with the lite version? you will want to make that clear in order for people to feel the need to purchase the full, from the description, I can't tell. *note i didn't try the lite so maybe that's why I'm confused*

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
It was a tough game to make a lite version of, so we had to do some experimenting. The lite version takes place in the trees and clouds only, does not have online score submission, and lacks the customization of new songs and balloons. Hopefully its a good mix, but we erred on the side of giving too much, rather than making a bad game with too little. Call us idealist, but we just didn't want to make a bad version of Up There, even for the sake of making a lite version.

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Also, thanks for the suggestion. I'll clarify the lite version in iTunes now. As always, you guys are great here! Always full of helpful ideas!

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Downloading now =]

"Money makes the world go round, so I got to.. buckle down, do anything for the dollar."
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiledGames View Post
Also, thanks for the suggestion. I'll clarify the lite version in iTunes now. As always, you guys are great here! Always full of helpful ideas!
no problem. you have to make people feel like they are missing out on things in the full version. ethan nicholas did this very well with his description of ishoot, he phrased it to say hey it's limited and there is much more in the full version, but go ahead and enjoy this full featured demo. and we all know it worked out pretty damn well for him.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*