★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: The Vault Inc
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.6 MB
  • Version: 2.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Doodle Dungeon is a dungeon crawler game where you traverse a labyrinth fighting monsters and finding treasure while searching for the exit.

There are four characters classes to play as:
the Warrior, the Elf, the Valkyrie, and the Wizard. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Please rate our game, leave a comment tell us what you think. Tell us if you think there is a feature that we should add or if there is something you feel that we should change.

"Doodle Dungeon looks to be pretty much just what iOS-owning, arcade-loving dungeoneers have been waiting for." - 148Apps

Gabrien's comments:
More than worth checking out at the asking price of $0.00, particularly for fans of Gauntlet:

08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice to see you back. Nice find as I a huge Guantlet fan, controls are great as is the style. My only complaint would be that the game can feel a little "jerky" once in a while.

Also...is there a save feature?
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Not bad for a free release; the character movement speed is a little fast but it's got a nice indie vibe to it. Thanks Gabrien for the heads up.
08-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Nice to see you back. Nice find as I a huge Guantlet fan, controls are great as is the style. My only complaint would be that the game can feel a little "jerky" once in a while.

Also...is there a save feature?
Thanks mate. I noticed a little jerkiness on my 3GS, but it seemed to run better on the iTouch 4.

From what I've noticed, it saves state on exit, and each time you clear a level a short cut is placed to that level from the game start. Essentially, it saves your progress by creating check points instead of saving game state. The levels are fairly short, and your score is reset at the start of each one anyhow, so I guess this works well enough.