Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Out now!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-fantasy/id457690225?mt=8
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 PM

It is indeed! Thank you all so much for the excitement around this game.
We're so excited about it too and just hope you all enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it...after all it only took 16 years...

Yes, 16 years...kinda. See more of that at http://mtki.co/
Old 08-24-2011, 10:23 PM

oh man i cant wait to play it goes to download ....
Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Am I just doing it wrong or is there seriously no way to tell the stats of equipment?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

So far, I love it. You really nailed the NES look and sound. Judging by the gold dropped by enemies to the price of items in the first shops, and also by the number of random encounters, it appears you got the old-school game-play down as well. I like that the hero is a washed up old man past his prime, rather than a 12 year old. Is this the first RPG hero with a gut and male pattern baldness? I approve.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Also, the game seems choppy as hell when the character is walking around. Gives the impression that the framerate is stuttering, but it appears to just be designed like that. Wish it were smoother.

Fix those two things and this game is golden. I love the battle system and the humor.

Also, major props for actually doing 8 bit graphics right. Most designers mess up and make text boxes and text itself smooth(looking at you, 1 bit ninja and guardian saga), but everything in here looks legit. Really appreciate that level of attention.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

So far enjoying Dragon Fantasy, the enemy difficulty seems challenging and villian design is good. Some of the humor is fun but at other times it comes across as too slash-dash. The zooming is good (other retro RPGs have seemed cropped). Story so far has good sense of mystery and pacing. I'm still not sure I like the restart at last benchmark on death with little penalty. Overall a spirited game so far but could use some tweaking. Still very early on but looking forward to acquiring use of magic. Will post more later but recommend this release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Taggart View Post
...game seems choppy as hell when the character is walking around. Gives the impression that the framerate is stuttering...
I noticed that too, the movement controls don't seem as smooth as could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Taggart View Post
Am I just doing it wrong or is there seriously no way to tell the stats of equipment?
This too... all I get is a cutesy comedic description of the weapon with no stat indication.

Last edited by undeadcow; 08-24-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I've only played for about fifteen minutes but I'm loving it so far - the retro feel was nailed perfectly but as I was hoping the real thrill of this game for me is the comedy. As expected the game has made me (literally!) laugh out loud several times and I personally love the silliness.

The enemies I've encountered so far are priceless and possibly some of my absolute favorite enemies in any video game but perhaps I just like the humor - hope it doesn't wear thin. Most (just about all?) RPGs take themselves *way* too seriously and it is refreshing to see a RPG be so funny.

I was laughing even with the first newbie monsters you fight. For example - the first monster I came across after leaving the initial starting area had a combat flavor text of "Mr. Rock Monster tries to explain the lipstick on his collar..." when attacking me. Then the very next enemy I met was a second Mr. Rock Monster who tried attacking me with his "marital troubles".

And then the third enemy I came across was Mrs. Rock Monster - complete with lipstick and a ribbon and had a message saying that she was "full of anger".

This game was worth every penny spent on it - even just for the humor alone.

I'm also glad that the combat music was changed - it's not annoying like it was in the first playthrough video that was shown.

Looking forward to spending a good while playing through this one. Good job so far...

Last edited by Andiron; 08-25-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 AM
iPhone 5s

is it jrpg?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

hi all! i'm crashfaster...i wrote the music for DRAGON FANTASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiron View Post
I'm also glad that the combat music was changed - it's not annoying like it was in the first playthrough video that was shown.
totally agree. the higher pitched element wasn't sitting right with me either, so i changed things around a little to make it less grating.

i hope you enjoy the game as much as i enjoyed working on it with the über-talented team at muteki. i am really excited to hear what people think.