★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vivid Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 120.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "If you'd like a racing game with some bite and verve, you'll want to try Speedway GP. There's enough grit and grind to intrigue even the most jaded enthusiast of racing games. This one is a Keeper!" ~ MobileTechReview.

The official Speedway GP 2011 game delivers all the action, excitement and death-defying thrills of speedway motorcycle racing! Experience the breakneck adrenaline rush of hitting the dirt track at 80-MPH - with no brakes! - in the App Stores premier motorbike racing title.

Speedway takes place on oval dirt tracks, with riders reaching up to 80-miles per hour on the straights, and then power-sliding into the corners at full speed; and all with no brakes. The single-gear motorbikes are fuelled by methanol, providing a significantly more explosive compression ratio than standard fuels, and resulting in dangerously high speeds with very little in the way of safety measures.

Speedway GP 2011 brings all this adrenaline-fuelled excitement to your iOS device with beautifully detailed 3D visuals and exhilarating realism. Race around 11 different real-life stadiums as you step into the intrepid boots of 15 actual speedway superstars in the most daring, dangerous and dynamic motorcycle racing game on the App Store.

Speedway GP 2011: No brakes, no gear, no fear!

Features:
Official mobile iOS game of the Speedway Grand Prix Series.
Breakneck motorcycle racing action, unrivalled on the App Store.
11 realistic real-world stadiums to race around as you compete for the Speedway Grand Prix Title.
15 real-life speedway riders to play and compete against.
Includes full season results and statistics.
Extensive roster of achievements to complete through Game Center.
Detailed, lifelike high-speed 3D visuals.
Easy and Hard difficulty settings.
Lite version also available.

Boardumb's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/speedway-gp-2011-lite/id456589280?mt=8
08-24-2011, 05:32 AM
Looking Nice. Might be worth a Try

08-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Pleasantly surprised with this release

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't like this. I mean I hate the fact that too many games are coming out! IM SOON BROKE!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Video looks fun. Will keep an eye out for impressions. If controls are good and difficulty is fine this could be a blast.
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Just got this as I am a suka for racing games. What a mistake. You simply tap the screen to start and then tilt to steer, but ultimately as you can't brake or ease off the gas, you slam into the barrier on corners. Doesn't really feel that good. I might try and give it another go, but it's possible it may get deleted before it gets a chance
08-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
Just got this as I am a suka for racing games. What a mistake. You simply tap the screen to start and then tilt to steer, but ultimately as you can't brake or ease off the gas, you slam into the barrier on corners. Doesn't really feel that good. I might try and give it another go, but it's possible it may get deleted before it gets a chance

I've just got this too - but not having that problem. Mainly because I'm following what the tutorial says, which is to slide your thumb left to bring the back end out.

Try the Touch controls.

Last edited by Kramer; 08-24-2011 at 07:57 PM.
08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
I've just got this too - but not having that problem. Mainly because I'm following what the tutorial says, which is to slide your thumb left to bring the back end out.

Try the Touch controls.
Hmm. I must admit I know next to nothing about the actual sport, but surely the real bikes are equipped with the ability to brake/accelerate?.. Aren't they?

In any case, sounds like a gameplay video is needed at the very least; better a lite. Hard to imagine how this actually plays otherwise.
08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Top post has a video and says there is a lite version.

As I understand the sport from seeing it years ago, these bikes are raced flat out with the throttle wide open. The bikes are steered by sliding the back end out. The video looked great so I'm hopeful.

Since you've bought it, maybe search for YouTube videos of this kind of racing. May help you get excited about it :-)
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Hmm. I must admit I know next to nothing about the actual sport, but surely the real bikes are equipped with the ability to brake/accelerate?.. Aren't they?

In any case, sounds like a gameplay video is needed at the very least; better a lite. Hard to imagine how this actually plays otherwise.
I've never seen the sport, except small round ups on local TV when I was a kid, but I know the bikes don't have brakes. Think they only have one gear too.

I like racing games - and I like this, from the little I've played. It's a different mindset to normal racing games though - it's all about timing the turn and making the sweep through the apex as efficient as possible. From what I remember, again - as a child - actual races are the same.