★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mikrotie Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 29.2 MB
  • Version: 3.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Treemaker is a casual puzzle game offering the finest 3d graphics quality and performance for the latest iOS devices. Travel your way through three different worlds, harness the power of physics and help the creatures get their trees back!

Tap on the screen to cast a rope, second tap makes you fling yourself to the direction of rope! Swipe the screen to swing and gain speed. Pinch to zoom and view the 3d environment.

Universal HD build for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

For more information, follow the link:
http://www.mikrotie.fi/games/treemaker

Contact us:
info(a)mikrotie.fi

Red1's comments:

08-24-2011, 07:01 AM
This looks interesting. Certainly very pretty.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

08-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Why is my credits on 0

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
The unique look of it just might make me buy it.
08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
The video sold me. It's funny how many "artsy" games are out this week. I am sure I will post my impressions within next few days.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
To me, the video didn't show me much. Swing from vine to vine and land and a tree grows there. Check it out, then what? Didn't show any game mechanics or anything! Could possibly be a neat little app, but I definitely wasn't sold from what I saw there.
08-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Nice One
08-24-2011, 06:53 PM
What a great week for games that seem to offer up both eye candy - often in unique art styles - and gameplay to match! Still going to wait for impressions on this. Have already picked up Contre Jour and Sprinkle.
08-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Game Impressions

Honestly not sure what to make of this. The physics are good and it feels like there is potential for a fun experience. The experience as is now though, feels more like a tech demo than a game.

You're thrown into the deep end right off the bat with little idea of what to do. A "?" icon in the corner of the screen closes the app and sends you to a "help" website containing the message "Coming Soon."

Back into the game you go then, forced to rely mostly on trial and error to figure out what to do, how to do it, and why it is that you're doing it. You realize that tapping at certain areas makes you attach to them and swing, hitting certain other areas makes you die, swiping along the screen makes you swing in that direction. Tapping while swinging releases your grip - at least, sometimes it does - and therein lies a major problem: are the controls faulty? Am I doing something wrong? Without any tutorial or explanation I've little idea. I suspect that the controls are simply inaccurate but can't be sure. Clearly, whatever the case may be, as a player I shouldn't be having this issue in the first place.

18 short levels. Playing to half way took me about 20 minutes. If you subtract the figuring out what to do and the various attempts to decipher what governs the control logic and how to keep it consistent (unsuccessfully,) you could subtract probably around three quarters of that play time.

Not really good enough, is it?
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Honestly not sure what to make of this. The physics are good and it feels like there is potential for a fun experience. The experience as is now though, feels more like a tech demo than a game.

You're thrown into the deep end right off the bat with little idea of what to do. A "?" icon in the corner of the screen closes the app and sends you to a "help" website containing the message "Coming Soon."

Back into the game you go then, forced to rely mostly on trial and error to figure out what to do, how to do it, and why it is that you're doing it. You realize that tapping at certain areas makes you attach to them and swing, hitting certain other areas makes you die, swiping along the screen makes you swing in that direction. Tapping while swinging releases your grip - at least, sometimes it does - and therein lies a major problem: are the controls faulty? Am I doing something wrong? Without any tutorial or explanation I've little idea. I suspect that the controls are simply inaccurate but can't be sure. Clearly, whatever the case may be, as a player I shouldn't be having this issue in the first place.

18 short levels. Playing to half way took me about 20 minutes. If you subtract the figuring out what to do and the various attempts to decipher what governs the control logic and how to keep it consistent (unsuccessfully,) you could subtract probably around three quarters of that play time.

Not really good enough, is it?
Thanks for the impressions. I really like the artwork but I think I'm gonna hold off until a future update.

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.