★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Treasure hunting fun for the whole family! Test your memory with this fun twist on the classic memory game!

If memory games are up your alley, youll have a hard time finding one as enjoyable as Ramses II. Gamezebo.com

A great implementation of a childrens game and if you have children it is worth looking at BoardGameGeek.com

Fun board game for the entire family . . . Ramses II is a nice rainy day option Appsmile.com

The rich - alas forgetful - pharaoh has taken his treasures from around the world and hidden them in his pyramids to prevent thieves from stealing them. Travel back to ancient Egypt and help him remember where he has hidden his treasures in this memory puzzle game. Compete to find as many treasure cards as possible by sliding pyramids to reach the right cards. But watch out for sandstorms, scorpions, and rival treasure hunters who get in you way!

Ramses II is best enjoyed with family or friends on your iPhone or iPad, preferably while lounging in the royal Egyptian palace. Short of that, your family room works just as well.
Features:

-Presented in beautiful HD animation

-Compete against up to four of your friends with pass-and-play, or against the computer, or a combination of the two

-In-game help features to make the game fun and accessible for novices and veterans of the board game alike

-Multiple AI difficulty levels

-No set up of the game required! Press Play and get started. And best of all, no tidying up after a match!

Make sure to check out Ravensburgers other titles, including the classic board game Puerto Rico, THE aMAZEing Labyrinth and many other excellent Apps here at the iTunes App Store.

Red1's comments:

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=104988
08-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I never played the board game version of this...increasingly, I'm being exposed to board games through my phone! This is a pretty simple game...basically it's a memory game with a few twists. There isn't deep strategy involved, but it's fun. The presentation is great, it's easy to pick up and play. The help menu isn't as polished as it could be, with a couple of localization issues, etc., but it certainly works. As I said, I had no familiarity with the game and I was able to pick things up pretty quickly. There are adjustable AI settings, which is good, since I won the first game on the easy setting. Overall, it was a good purchase, and if you like me are getting a nice collection of board game ports, this is a nice addition.
Board Game Geek link to the board version:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2629/ramses-ii

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I never played the board game version of this...increasingly, I'm being exposed to board games through my phone! This is a pretty simple game...basically it's a memory game with a few twists. There isn't deep strategy involved, but it's fun. The presentation is great, it's easy to pick up and play. The help menu isn't as polished as it could be, with a couple of localization issues, etc., but it certainly works. As I said, I had no familiarity with the game and I was able to pick things up pretty quickly. There are adjustable AI settings, which is good, since I won the first game on the easy setting. Overall, it was a good purchase, and if you like me are getting a nice collection of board game ports, this is a nice addition.
Board Game Geek link to the board version:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2629/ramses-ii
Glad you're liking it!
08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Any plans to add wifi multi device multiplayer. Each of my kids either has an iPad or iPhone or touch and I just can't ever see us playing this via pass and play, but I wouldn't hesitate if it had some kind of wifi or Bluetooth mp. Over the weekend we played a ton of Mille Borne and we had a blast with everyone on their own device.