★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! is out. + Post your High Scores here.

04-27-2009, 08:20 AM
SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! is out. + Post your High Scores here.

(First things first... I am a developer, working at Enabled, Senior Designer / Creative type.)

Our team, who made Newton's Cradle PRO, has just released our latest App SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! (SUAGBTW! or Shut Up! for short)

The Gallery and Training Video are still coming soon, but you can meet Frank the Foreman and get a feel for his attitude by what he says.
http://enabledgames.com.au/shutup

For Competitions and News follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/enabledgames

And finally my High Score : NEW: 32

Last edited by Ringo50k; 05-05-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added screen shots
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi
Is this game based on the bopit toy?

From the picks that is the impression i get.
If so then this could be a great fun little app.

04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Based on Bop It? No
But a flattering comparison.
We had feedback from testers, with some saying it reminded them of it / it was in the tradition of.

I would say that from our Testers Feedback - we kept hearing there were Bop It fans, who really loved trying to rack up a high score on Shut Up!

Last edited by Ringo50k; 04-27-2009 at 07:37 PM.
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Ah well its not a bad thing if its based on or in tradition of... for me its that recognition which made me realise i would enjoy it.

Downloaded it as soon as i realised it was available.

The website makes it sound like the app is still waiting for apples approval.

Played a few times and i absolutely love it. It's a perfect pick up and play game... and the rythm element is enough to keep you wanting to try and try again.

One thing i would like to see is perhaps and on screen display of your current score.

This would also hugely benefit from online leaderboads... using feint or facebook connect would be good too.. just to give it a bit more of a competative feel.

Already having a laugh with it in the office though trying to beat scores... oops... better get back to work actually... real work that its...

I highly reccomend this.
04-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Good to hear you enjoy it - we have a stack of new features in the works already. Keep the feedback coming. And tune in to our Twitter to be the first to hear about new features : http://twitter.com/enabledgames

Re the site - approval only just came through - we'd better update the site.

Now as we've been saying at work for a while now...
SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK!
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Ah cool.
I can't wait.

And honestly... this is a perfect iphone / touch game.

True story though... i was playing it... and i thought the guy said yell at it... Now i have owned a DS so it didn't seem like too unreasonable request.

I am at work at the moment.... but i was doing pretty well... definitely beating my previous score... so i risked an audible yelp into the device.

Of course everyone in the office turns round to look at what the heck i am doing.

Turns out the guy is saying 'yellow'.

I hope this app gets some decent recognition as its already one of my favourites.
04-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Yelling into the iPhone
Freaking LOL!!!

So what is your High Score oliath?
You reached the colors so it can't be too bad...
04-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I got two fifteen's in the high scores.

Basically... the first time i yelled when he said yellow.

I played again and he said green... it was then that i realised my mistake haha.

Come on touchArcader's... Some other people post high scores on this.

Determined to get up to 25 by tonight.

I am assuming things get faster the higher you go...aaaaarghgh..
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
YEAH!!!
40.. beat that!!

Crikey though.. this game really messes with your head... its pretty tense in there when you know you got a good score going down.

I just fell to pieces under the pressure.

He said slide it... i had just done a slide it... i even heard him say slide it but just froze and panicked and got the fail buzzer.
04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Yea it gets stressful

I still can't beat 40. But I'll get there!