★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TwistLink v1.1

04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
TwistLink v1.1

Hey all-

My addictive puzzler, TwistLink, is now at version 1.1. I've received some great feedback, including a 5/5 review at MacNotes.de (if you can read German, or can use Google translator, check it out here: http://www.macnotes.de/2009/04/20/tw...ist-gold-wert/)

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310756966&mt=8

Version 1.1.1 has been submitted and should be available this week.

Enjoy!

-Ryan Smith
indiePixel Studios
www.indiePixel.net

Last edited by ryanmsmith; 04-27-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Add the link!
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I've just purchased it.

It's indeed a nice puzzle. The gameplay allows you to easily create some combos. No timer so you can think awhile before the next move.

Graphics are simple but well put together along with subtle sounds.

There's no colorblind mode but if you tap and hold all tiles with the same color will be highlighted. Doing so will let an extra tile over the current selection which seems to be a small bug.

Game has only one mode but it could have at least normal (the current one) and hard (for a quick play).

Since a session takes a bit of time, here is the really bad news: it can't resume. I was just testing, got a call and once the game was restarted my current session was gone.

In addition, the in game Help have to be complete, explaining e.g. the bottom counters.

Right now it's 2/5 due mainly the lack of resume. A Hard mode (meaning a quick session) can lead this game to a 5/5 puzzle for sure.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for giving it a shot!

The bug you described is indeed fixed in 1.1.1 and should be available any day now.

I'm working on the resume feature now and will not release 1.2 without it. I've been 35 minutes into a round, on my way to besting my top score, only to have a call come in and kill it. It is my top priority.

What I've considered for a different mode is a time-attack, perhaps with 3, 5, and 10-minute sessions. For a "hard" mode, how does starting with 5 colors instead of just 3 sound? Without the special pieces, 5 colors makes it very difficult to clear a level.

-Ryan
indiePixel Studios
www.indiePixel.net
04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmsmith View Post
Thanks for giving it a shot!

The bug you described is indeed fixed in 1.1.1 and should be available any day now.

I'm working on the resume feature now and will not release 1.2 without it. I've been 35 minutes into a round, on my way to besting my top score, only to have a call come in and kill it. It is my top priority.

What I've considered for a different mode is a time-attack, perhaps with 3, 5, and 10-minute sessions. For a "hard" mode, how does starting with 5 colors instead of just 3 sound? Without the special pieces, 5 colors makes it very difficult to clear a level.

-Ryan
indiePixel Studios
www.indiePixel.net

Great news!

Regarding the hard mode: time attack with 3 minutes sounds good; a hard mode starting with 5 colors may be a nice challenge (my suggestion: keep the special tiles but in less number per level - one or two only).

Finally:

- a better game over approach would be great: the first time I think I saw a game over message but then the high score input box popped up...

- allow each name only once in the online high score (to avoid that only my name would eventually dominate it)

04-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Saved game state...done! If a game does not end in a "clean" way, a "resume" item is added to the menu screen. I want to add those new game modes and then I'll submit v1.2 with these features included.

I'm still waiting for v1.1.1 to be approved. I predict it will be available on the 30th, since I submitted it on the 22nd and, without fail, every one of my submissions were approved 8 days later.

Thanks,

-Ryan
indiePixel Studios
www.indiePixel.net

TwistLink: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310756966&mt=8
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Great news! 1.2 will be a major update.