★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quantum Collapse (RTS) - First ingame Video!!

04-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Quantum Collapse (RTS) - First ingame Video!!

--- UPDATE AT END OF POST ---

Hey guys!,

As promised here is a small video of the combat system in Quantum Collapse, it will unquestionably be the best Real Time Strategy game on the Iphone.

Sorry about the lack of sound i couldn't get my screen capture software to do it properly and i'd rather go back to programming than fight some crappy piece of software. So just picture this with lots of "pew pew" and you'll get the picture.

As you guys know this is work in progress, which means things will only get better , more weapon types, more explosions and lots more. Ohh and building collision isn't coded yet so you might see some units moving over buildings hehe, sorry its work in progress!

Anyway, one favor, please help me get the word out, if you have contacts with iphone websites and stuff please tell them to feel free to show the video on their sites.

Thanks!!! comments are welcome and always read.

Youtube link | Pop Up

------- UPDATE May 14 ------
Just wanted to drop by and say the game is coming along REALLY good. like way beyond i ever expected.

I just finished coding unit abilities (each unit will have a unique ability that you can activate and has a cooldown). And also Runes

Along the storyline humans will get access to this strange technology from the aliens. They are called Runes and these are some really bad ass weapons or strategic abilities that if used wisely can change the tide of the battle in a moment.

My favourite is the Singularity, it's a black hole type of thing that absorbs towards his core all projectiles that have been fired around it. This acts as an area combat inhibitor.

I'm hoping to finish all coding by the end of the week. Then it will be polishing maps and balancing things out as i play the game. Then the Apple store!

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 05-14-2009 at 05:52 PM.
04-27-2009, 10:47 AM
This is looking good. I really like the explosions.

I fixed your video, BTW

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
This is looking good. I really like the explosions.

I fixed your video, BTW
LOL yeah i figured, i was trying hard to avoid being the noob to ask how to post a youtube video rofl.
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Looks amazing! The visuals are top, but i hope you can make it be same or better than Warfare Inc in terms of how good it plays

Will it have online multiplayer???
04-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioj View Post
Looks amazing! The visuals are top, but i hope you can make it be same or better than Warfare Inc in terms of how good it plays

Will it have online multiplayer???
Yes it will, although its not coming with the initial release (YES i know you've heard this before) hehe.
04-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I'll post the vid up on our blog (laugh all you want), but I think I can stir up some genuine interest!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Also I do believe there are some air units used right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
This looks... amazing! Way better than UniWar (sorry to all your UniWar fans out there) but visually, this one beats them all. There's movement, explosions, fire, chaos... the list goes on and on. Looking really nice, great work
04-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys, i've been working so hard on this, actually not just me but my wife and father in law. they are helping me out with the graphics, Cutscene artwork and User Interface.

The only thing that worries me is that i'm such a nub at this i don't know how to get the word out about my game. I'd hate to work so hard and watch the game go unnoticed.
04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
If you pelt people with canisters saying the name of the game and all the details, police won't arrest you.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!