★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Primate Plunge (Reverse PapiJump)?

04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Primate Plunge (Reverse PapiJump)?

Anybody else give this a shot?

While it is essentially just something like PapiJump in reverse (you fall down from platform to platform), it has some unique mechanics (like an inclusion of a healthbar and powerups). One of the game's hook is the concept of needing to meet some minimum depth requirements in a given World to open up the next one (not just a different graphical themes but unique powerups and types of platforms). The full game has 6 of these worlds.

In a decent twist the lite version appears to give you unlimited access to the first two worlds (I initially thought lite version wasn't bothering to save my highscore in each world but, if I now understand it correctly, it doesn't even bother to save your score until you've at least reached the minimum requirements to unlock the next world and then that same space is then used to track your best personal score in this world on this device). It doesn't appear, at this point at least, to support global highscores (no biggy in my book as I suck hard at these games and don't need to see the scores I can never hope to achieve).

Primate Plunge Lite
Primate Plunge

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I had this game on my Mac for a long time. I'm pretty sure it was free. he wasn't waring a top hat though

Anyhow, I'm not a big fan of these games, so I can't say too much about it. It's addicting in it's own way, though. Some of the platforms collapse or hurt the monkey, which adds some real tension to it.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I had this game on my Mac for a long time. I'm pretty sure it was free. he wasn't waring a top hat though
Oh, now hold on, w/o the top hat this game has nothing! It's all about the top hat, in my book, it makes the game real classy.

My question you all, though, is would the game have been more classy if he also had a monocle or would that just push things too far?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Oh, now hold on, w/o the top hat this game has nothing! It's all about the top hat, in my book, it makes the game real classy.

My question you all, though, is would the game have been more classy if he also had a monocle or would that just push things too far?
I think a monocle would take the game to a hole new level.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0