★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bento
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 23.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Alone on an asteroid, fight against vicious spiders to survive.
Use awesome weaponry, destruct everything, bend the ground at your will, explode your enemies by hundreds.

GAMEPLAY

- Addictive Galactic Shoot Experience
- Massive Aliens Extermination
- Upgrade Your Weapons
- 7 Powerful Bonuses
- Pure Arcade Challenges

PHYSICS

- God Like Terraforming
- Real Time Ground Deformation
- Full Physical Destructible World

GRAPHICS

- Stunning 3D graphics.
- Amazing IPhone 4 HD Experience.

IA

- Impressive Crowd Behavior
- Vicious And Aggressive enemies

MUSICS

- Epic Orchestral Soundtracks
- Volumetric 3D Sounds
- Arcade SFX

GAME CENTER

- Leaderboards
- Challenge Your Friends

Features : Massive Aliens Shooter, Terraforming, HD Graphics, Orchestral Soundtracks, Game Center Leaderboards.

legowiz's comments:
Just saw this come out and was curious. Turns out it's from the same creators as Snake Galaxy. Anyone remember that game? Anyways, this is a really neat looking dual stick shooter that appears to have a pretty neat destructible planetary environment.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks good. Just bought this, impressions later

08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Color me curious. Looks pretty cool.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-25-2011, 12:53 PM
How do you come to the conclusion it's from the same people that made Snake Galaxy? When I open it in itunes then click the developer tab at the top left to see their other games it doesn't show snake galaxy as well. Similarly when I go to snake galaxy and repeat i don't see space trooper.

I agree the graphic/world style is almost a perfect match but more importantly was wondering what people think about the game. I just don't want others to plunge in like I almost did for the wrong reason.
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balicus View Post
How do you come to the conclusion it's from the same people that made Snake Galaxy? When I open it in itunes then click the developer tab at the top left to see their other games it doesn't show snake galaxy as well. Similarly when I go to snake galaxy and repeat i don't see space trooper.

I agree the graphic/world style is almost a perfect match but more importantly was wondering what people think about the game. I just don't want others to plunge in like I almost did for the wrong reason.
If you go to the website link on the app description, then click on videos, there is a video there of snake galaxy. Also, the person that had the video of this game also had a video of snake galaxy. On the new Bento website and on the old DigDog webiste, there is reference to a game called iFluid. I'd say that's pretty definitive. They just changed their company name is all.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
If you go to the website link on the app description, then click on videos, there is a video there of snake galaxy. Also, the person that had the video of this game also had a video of snake galaxy. On the new Bento website and on the old DigDog webiste, there is reference to a game called iFluid. I'd say that's pretty definitive. They just changed their company name is all.
Ah. Wow you do your research. You win xD
08-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Impressions plzzzz

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Is there a playable free Facebook version as well?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh wow, I LOVED Snake Galaxy, and I always assumed the people who made it gave up on app development. Definitely checking this out.

back
08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Just some details, not gonna do a full review:

Throws you right into the game from a tap of the main menu, no options or anything

No retina, pretty big disappointment for me at least

Not really the Snake Galaxy developers, but just the artist behind it.

Really great action and terraforming the planet from meteors and exploding bugs looks great

Music is pretty epic

Power ups look cool and do help a lot

Framerate slows at points when there's a lot going on, but not game breaking.

Gameplay overall is great, and definitely a unique twist on Super Stardust

4/5

back