Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2011, 05:29 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

insta buy
Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default One Please!

I am extremely excited about this game.

This is precisely the type of game that got me involved with my long love affair with video games back in the very early 90's. I owned an Amiga Computer. Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, and all of the classic Goldbox TSR Games come to mind when I see this game in action.

All I ask, is that the programmers PLEASE dont skimp on special effects for spell-casters. Yes, it's nerdy, but we love crap like this. I really like how your fireball looks like a fireball! And, the way the Ice spell actually froze the enemy and then shattered when hit, made this an Instabuy(tm) for me at that point. For the more sophisticated spells, be as indulgent as possible please.

I know im asking alot here lol, but also dont be afraid to give us monsters that are atypical in design. I don't mind the usual fare of rats, spiders, ogres, etc...but throw in some weird and strange looking creatures as well. Make us look at the screen and say, 'wow..wth is that?!' This keeps the game interesting. And, after killing said strange creature, give us a unique reward. Or, even better, if this creature bites us too many times, give us the curse of losing some stats mixed in with the 'blessing' of obtaining some of that creature's strange and unique abilities for a short time.

Thanks for listening. We love you.

Last edited by Multiboy2k; 08-29-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiboy2k View Post
I am extremely excited about this game.

This is precisely the type of game that got me involved with my long love affair with video games back in the very early 90's. I owned an Amiga Computer. Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, and all of the classic Goldbox TSR Games come to mind when I see this game in action.

All I ask, is that the programmers PLEASE dont skimp on special effects for spell-casters. Yes, it's nerdy, but we love crap like this. I really like how your fireball looks like a fireball! And, the way the Ice spell actually froze the enemy and then shattered when hit, made this an Instabuy(tm) for me at that point. For the more sophisticated spells, be as indulgent as possible please.

I know im asking alot here lol, but also dont be afraid to give us monsters that are atypical in design. I don't mind the usual fare of rats, spiders, ogres, etc...but throw in some weird and strange looking creatures as well. Make us look at the screen and say, 'wow..wth is that?!' This keeps the game interesting. And, after killing said strange creature, give us a unique reward. Or, even better, if this creature bites us too many times, give us the curse of losing some stats mixed in with the 'blessing' of obtaining some of that creature's strange and unique abilities for a short time.

Thanks for listening. We love you.
This was an excellent post. Nice work! I agree on all counts (except I did not own an Amiga. )

Dave
Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default best I've seen for the ipad

I can't wait for this title. I am glad the devs are DM fans.
To this point , one thing DM did well was the amount of loot. There wasn't so much that the items felt unimportant or the environment to be unrealistic. Follow this cue, as too much loot makes the dungeon feel unrealistic and de-values the "prize".
Also, don't put mummies (Egyptian) in a medieval dungeon - hate that stretch of the imagination. Perhaps some wall or ceiling-crawling demons would be refreshing.
Love the trailer and the spider animation video. Cheers.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Instant. Purchase. My God this is AWESOME

That video is so much of what i want. HELL YES.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

AMAZING.

Hoping it will be on iPhone too and the Dungeon will feel realistic and with a cohesive story.

Loving especially how spells are done...very Dungeon Master like...I still have somewhere all my pencil hand made maps...though I wouldn't mind an automap feature here.

Instant buy....wish it was already out.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:55 AM

Reminds me a lot of EoB and Land of Lore.

I am aware that the video is about the PC version. How would it different from the iOS one?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:21 AM

It's been a few weeks since we've last heard anything on this game. Do you happen to have any new screenshots or gameplay videos to share? Thanks! :-)
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 AM

instant buy for me too. IOS needs more of these types of game
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
instant buy for me too. IOS needs more of these types of game
+100 to that!! :-D