★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bal Rokko
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 16.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: The sun is shining, birds are singing and flowers are dancing merrily... little do they know some nasty thunderstorms are about to ruin their day...

Try to survive through increasingly intense storms by swiping away the acid drops and building up your combos & multiplier to achieve maximum points. Hitting blue drops will reset your multiplier so best to avoid them. Keep an eye out for bonus drops & powerups to help boost your score and keep your flowers alive. If too many acid drops hit the ground your flowers will die, and do not hit the lightning drops...

It's all about score, so try to complete each wave with a single swipe to get maximum points. Can you get the top spot on Game Center leaderboards?

--------------------------

Update 1.1 -

* Added iPad support (Universal)
* Added Retina support

Reviews -

'If you enjoy casual game such as Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, you will thoroughly enjoy this game and I hope to this game climbing the charts as it deserves.' - App Score 10/10

'All-n-all, Acid Rain is a solid casual arcade game thats good for gamers of all skill levels, and all ages.' - The App Shack 8.5/10

'The creators Bal Rokko have hit upon the perfect addictive mini-game for the iPhone and as usual, it is the simplest ideas that are the best. Well worth the asking price.' - Square Go 4/5

'Cute, fun and very addictive casual Acid Drop popping game with colourful graphics and a great catchy soundtrack which will certainly put a smile on your face as you play.' - iPhone Gamer UK 4.5/5

'Acid Rain is a good looking game that can prove to be quite entertaining. Definitely worth getting if you like casual games and want to spend your time doing something fun.' - FindMySoft 5/5

Please give us your feedback & suggestions as it will help shape future updates. Thanks for your support!

Bal Rokko's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hi everyone, we are pleased to announce the release of our first game, Acid Rain. We'll be starting work on the first update pretty soon so will be interested in your feedback

Update v1.1
Update v1.1 has just been released which adds Retina & iPad support (universal binary).

Thanks
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
The animations are excellent what did you use to create them?

Check out my upcoming game Juice Jumpers

Follow me on Twitter

08-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_wexer View Post
The animations are excellent what did you use to create them?
I'm sure they were all done using Flash, i'll need to check with my mate when he comes online later. He's a really good 2D artist.
08-27-2011, 09:24 AM
thanks very much, glad you like em i used Flash for all the animations in the game and a mixture of Flash and Photoshop for all of the bg and menu art

cheers
08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Aww, nice looking game but thought it was the Acid Rain from WoblyWare.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
08-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hoping for more impressions from the members that got codes =oD
08-27-2011, 06:19 PM
I've got a code in the promo section, big thanks

I've played the game with great pleasure, because it has an unique gameplay.
Cute graphics, lovely music and fitting sounds makes this game great for young and old.
So i've left a 5 star review in U.S. AppStore @speed4mee.
For the next update i wish achievements in Game Center.
08-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4mee View Post
I've got a code in the promo section, big thanks

I've played the game with great pleasure, because it has an unique gameplay.
Cute graphics, lovely music and fitting sounds makes this game great for young and old.
So i've left a 5 star review in U.S. AppStore @speed4mee.
For the next update i wish achievements in Game Center.
Thanks for your feedback, i'm glad you like it

Game Center achievements will definitely be part of the first update. We've been toying with another game mode which will be quite different to 'Flower' mode, but it still needs fleshing out. We'll also look at any feedback/suggestions from users and try to incorporate them as well

The YouTube video in the first post didn't turn out too well which is a bit disappointing. The game runs at a pretty solid 60fps on all devices (including 1st gen iPod Touch) which doesn't come across in the video. I've uploaded another video to my website (link in signature) which looks a lot better.
08-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Having a contest on my twitter for some additional codes of Acid Rain:http://twitter.com/#!/TheAppShack
08-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
this game is really not bad at all... I'm really enjoying it. =o)

It's got some really great scoring mechanics, and is, at it's core, a high-score monger's dream.

Graphics are great, controls are nice and tight, even with my big thumbs, and really, I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the scoring mechanics. It'd probably take me about 2 paragraphs to explain how they work.... there's quite a bit of content in the scoring system, which is good, because there's only one game mode ATM. But it's keeping me pretty busy. I don't think I'll be deleting this one any time soon.