★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Recently Purged Games off iPhone

11-09-2008, 04:07 AM
Recently Purged Games off iPhone

I exceeded maximum number of apps so installed ones weren't even showing. I believe I had to shutdown ipod touch and it took about 20 mins to do a lame backup before it recovered. Today did massive cleanup and deleted these from my itunes account and both ipod touches. Don't recommend any of these ones.

DiaMath
Crosshelp
Fliparoni
Genou Free
Hanoi Plus
Halloween WordSearch
FunnyTwist
Are you smarter 1st grader
Shapium (wasted $1)
iYahtzee (wasted $1..knew it'd get yanked anyway)
HiqupLite (actually this one ain't too shabby just couldn't get into it myself)
Jellycar (will just wait for that motorcycle game instead from palmos)
KoiPond (wasted $1)
Labyrinth Lite (great demo of iphone acceleromter, utterly frustrating game at end of the day)
Mills
Numba (wasted $3)
Phlipper
Trism (wasted $3)
Topple (wasted $1)
SpaceBuster
VengerLite
Virus (probably got $1 worth as kids played it too, not anymore though)
TatomicLite
Discover
Kinwits

Since October 10th (today Nov 9th) over one month couple days deleted these ones. I don't recommened any of these ones either.

Shinro
Dicebreak
Debugger
Kryptograms
Advanced Checkers
Vault Breaker
MonsterMatch
Scoops
KuGon Lite
FourFree
CannonChallenge
Adlibs
RocknRoll
GalconLite
SurfacetoAir Mayhem Lite
iAquafree
FlexPhotolab
Custom Sounds of Nature
PapiJump
LuxTouch
Shaker
Aqua Forest
NeoSameGame
CatchtheEgg
Game Gems
Tetsuki
Trace
WordMix (guess I blew a $1)
DizzyBeeFree
ReversiPlus (worse program ever, not game but program)
24 Challenge
PhotoTwist (wasted $2 bigtime)
11-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Hehe I don't recommend Galcon Lite either - the full version with online multiplayer is a lot more fun!

Seriously though, thanks for sharing your list, it's always nice to see which games people do or do not recommend.
(I'm bookmarking the link in your signature to take a look later.)

Stefan

Last edited by spmwinkel; 11-09-2008 at 04:32 AM.

11-09-2008, 04:33 AM
How can u not recommend Jellycar or Scoops? This thread is pure failure...
11-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I think that you can safely filter the Lite versions out of the post and give those a try, you're not wasting money on that. I did enjoy Jellycar, Trace, etc. but I can imagine that if one has so much apps that he/she needs to clean up his/her device, and he/she has already finished the games, the game is removed.

Stefan
11-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
True... Hiqup, Galcon, Jellycar, Scoops, Hanoi Plus, Trism, Topple, Venger, RocknRoll, Papijump, LuxTouch, Trace, Dizzy Bee: these are some really polished titles.
Don't not get these just cos this guy doesn't like them - I'm guessing he doesn't like much
11-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alza View Post
True... Hiqup, Galcon, Jellycar, Scoops, Hanoi Plus, Trism, Topple, Venger, RocknRoll, Papijump, LuxTouch, Trace, Dizzy Bee: these are some really polished titles.
Don't not get these just cos this guy doesn't like them - I'm guessing he doesn't like much
He/She should change they're name to "mr.DUMbass"
11-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Quote:
It depends what you mean by 'pure failure'. If the op has listed their games just to share their own opinion on these apps then it's not a failure. After all, just because he/she doesn't like them, doesn't mean to say we should all follow suit. I actually rate Trace very highly (as do a lot of other people) yet it is on this list of games to avoid.
With that in mind, this thread IS a waste of time if the op is expecting everyone else to follow suit, as we all obviously have varying tastes- Trace and Jelly Car being fine examples. I have actually given Trace a 5 star rating in iTunes, yet it is on the avoid list here.
You actually like Jelly Car, Everydaynormalguy, but I don't.
Basically, my advise to everyone- read this list, but don't follow it blindly.

"He/She should change they're name to "mr.DUMbass" "
That's not really fair. MrBass has a right to share his opinion on games- there's no need to insult him because he doesn't share the same opinion as you.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-09-2008 at 04:50 AM.
11-09-2008, 04:58 AM
@wastedyuthe

Is that how u spell the word "yuthe"? Ain't it "youth"?...Anyways, i believe the sole purpose of this thread was to showcase his/her great downloading, and then deleting, skills. I just want to say that i cannot take this list seriously as he/she doesn't recommend some great games (trace, jellycar), kinda like how i don't take anyone who rated Gaylo3 more than 7/10 seriously as well...

EDIT: ahahahahahaha, i just read ur last edit mr. yuth. I just love to word-play...

Last edited by Everydaynormalguy; 11-09-2008 at 05:01 AM.
11-09-2008, 05:02 AM
I guarantee you there are many games I absolutely love that the masses despise and hate. My point is to show how much junk one has to filter through. Yes if we could keep more than 148 apps on our devices a few of those I'd kept a tad longer. I just needed to make a clean sweep for November to do it all over again.

Remember I'm just one idiot with one opinion. If I don't recommend a game perhaps those are the ones you should very well be looking at if my tastes are polar opposite of yours.
11-09-2008, 05:04 AM
Quote:
@wastedyuthe

Is that how u spell the word "yuthe"? Ain't it "youth"?...Anyways, i believe the sole purpose of this thread was to showcase his/her great downloading, and then deleting, skills. I just want to say that i cannot take this list seriously as he/she doesn't recommend some great games (trace, jellycar), kinda like how i don't take anyone who rated Gaylo3 more than 7/10 seriously as well...
That's fair enough mate. I just think your opinion is worth saying, but there's no need for name calling that's all. Like I said in my post, there's no harm in people reading his list, but don't follow it blindly because other people, such as ourselves, will actually rate some of these very highly. Agreed?

As for my name- I am fully aware how to spell "youth". But that's like asking Nestle if they know that "cat" should have a C instead of a K in "KitKat"