★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Saucelifter 1.1 has landed!!!

04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Saucelifter 1.1 has landed!!!

Finally, I've waited on this since I first heard about it from the dev.
This is the list of improvements (as said by the dev):
- Day/night cycle
- New guns
- Tweaked difficulty etc.
- Improvements to menu (left/right cycling of items)
- Persistence of last initials entered in high scores
- Manual access to high score lists (tap on 'Saucelifter' title)
- Misc. visual tweaks and enhancements
- Wider range of tilt sensitivity
- A little something extra for the pir8's

I'm set to play it now!

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
1. Where is the night cycle? How do I get it?
2. Is the turret that shoots those swirling fire balls every where new? I havent seen it before. Its wicked cool. Definately a new challenge!

04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC. View Post
1. Where is the night cycle? How do I get it?
2. Is the turret that shoots those swirling fire balls every where new? I havent seen it before. Its wicked cool. Definately a new challenge!
The day/night cycle just happens... different difficulties start you at different points in the day. Easy is at dawn, Normal is morning, Hard is evening, Madness is dusk, etc. Plus it progresses as you play.

And yeah, the spinner poomf gun thing is one of the new guns. There are others... one is really deadly, so be warned! Crank the volume so it scares the crap out of you when you first hear it, heh.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: Death Road to Canada, PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, EGGNOGG, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Great game Madgarden, I like the way you improve the game, nice ideas
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
promo codes

New update means new promotion codes. I've got 7 waiting to be beamed down... first 7 PM's get the codes!

PS Thanks Shinto.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: Death Road to Canada, PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, EGGNOGG, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
I am loving this update.

A few things I noticed:
- The transporter is now visible on the radar
- Tanks make a crazy noise as they approach
- You can hear the drones lift off
- Occasionally, you'll start at the left side of the map, as opposed to the right
- I think I've noticed a few changes with the initial entering screen (it looks a little prettier)
- The transporter is more colorful as your aliens get beamed up

So awesome.

And, thanks again for the new level of sensitivity; it works like a charm.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Pm Sent! greatly appreciated!
04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
This is my go-to game for passing a quick minute or two, and i didn't think it could get better! Great update, I wonder if we can count on routine upgrades like this? Imagine if a game like this had weekly updates like pocket god!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
A fantastic update! So many nice touches added!
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Great game!
I figured out that I should never play between quick 5 min braeks because I find myself playing so much longer, its great!
Can't wait to see what other games and updates you have in the oven...

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.