★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PROPE
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dig through the blocks as you make your way deeper into the dungeon!
Search through 9 blocks to find the staircase to the next level in this dungeon-delving RPG.
Pick up potions and pickaxes left behind as you make your way deeper into the dungeon.

Hordes of dangerous monsters lie in wait inside the dungeon, but so do countless treasures of gold and silver!
Collect treasure to buy powerful items and delve ever deeper into the depths.

This exciting dungeon crawler is full of extra features, with special skills,
like the ability to see through blocks, or the "fever" system, where an avalanche of treasure appears.

Simple controls, deep fun. Will you delve deeper? Or will you turn back?
A heart-poundingly exciting, never-before-seen fantasy RPG.

Operating Requirements
iOS3.0 or later
iPhone 3G or later
iPod touch (2nd generation) or later

Artfoundry's comments:
At first glance, this game seems a bit odd and simplistic. However, once you play it a bit, you begin to understand the subtle strategy involved and the addiction. It's a pretty decent cross between a puzzle Minesweeper type and a dungeon crawl.

The purpose is to try to complete each dungeon. The first one is 10 levels deep and each successive one is considerably longer (10, 30, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1000). Each level consists of 9 squares containing nothing, gems, monsters, health potions, digging tools, or stairs. Ultimately you want the stairs, but you also need the digging tools to keep going (your digging tool only lasts for so long, though you can buy upgraded ones using the gems you collect), the health after fighting monsters, and the gems for two things - to be able to buy better digging tools and armor and to be able to achieve "fever" mode. Fever mode gives you 15 seconds in which levels contain nothing but gems (and blank squares too) and the stairs, so you can go as fast as possible. When not in fever mode, you need to decide how to proceed - continue digging or return to the surface with your loot. If you die in the dungeon, you lose all loot you've collected in that dungeon. While digging, your "magic" meter increases. As it increases, once you get enough, you can use the magic to see what's in a square before breaking it. Doing this allows you to collect the right squares (either blank or gem squares) in order to increase your fever meter (you need 3 consecutively to add another point to your fever meter) and avoid the monsters. At times though, you may discover a digging tool or health potion and have to decide whether to go for that or try to find a gem/blank square.

The game is fairly simple once you get the hang of it, and yet it's strangely addictive. There are just two things I think need to be addressed. One is a badly needed tutorial or manual. The second is I think old tools/armor should be resellable for a fraction of the original price - there's no need for them once you upgrade to the better versions, and to get those, you need to do a bit of grinding (just a bit though, not too bad).

In either case, the game is free, so I highly recommend trying it if you like casual puzzle/dungeon crawl hybrids.

08-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Kewl find. Thanks!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-26-2011, 05:00 PM
yeah man thanks, this looks pretty fun.

08-26-2011, 05:04 PM
I downloaded this when it came out but found it too random and not engaged.
08-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Fun game, is there a way to pay and remove the ad at the bottom?
08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I downloaded this when it came out but found it too random and not engaged.
How long did you play? I agree it seemed that way when I first started, but once I learned about the fever meter and the magic (seeing what's inside the blocks), it felt less random - granted there's still randomness to it of course, but you can control how you deal with that with those two tools.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams