★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Booyah, Inc.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: The # 1 free game in over 25 countries... more than 8 million users can't be wrong - Early Bird is a SMASH HIT!

Help the Early Bird catch the worm! But be careful, challenges await as you flutter through 144 amazing levels. Discover beautiful landscapes & earn achievements as you swipe your way to success in this incredible action puzzle game.

But dont just listen to us, heres what others are saying:

"Lush, cheery cartoon art and music are Early Bird's best features..." - Touch Arcade

"Early Bird is an utterly adorable iOS app. The enjoyment youll get out of playing through its many levels is priceless." - Gamezebo

"Great graphics and animation; lots of content for a low price; addictive physics-based gameplay." - Slide to Play

Highlights:

144 beautiful, fun-filled levels across 6 challenging zones
Gorgeous HD graphics
Simple & intuitive gesture controls
Game Center leaderboards and achievements

arta's comments:

08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Early Bird reviews.

http://www.modojo.com/reviews/iphone...20110826/1318/
Quote:
The beginning stages take little effort to beat, but later boards definitely test your skills, as you navigate past different objects and through loops Sonic the Hedgehog style to claim your prize.

That said, there's a bit of a learning curve in figuring out how far the bird can travel, but you should have a solid grasp of things in a few minutes. Then it's just you and 72 challenging levels spread across three unique worlds; perform well enough, and you'll climb the online leaderboard.

On that note, Early Bird is a great addition to the App store. Not only is it addictive, but the game packs a ton of value into a very affordable price ($0.99 on iPhone, $1.99 on iPad). Give it a look.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/early-bird/review
Quote:
Early Bird is an utterly adorable iOS app. The game is approachable, offers plenty of bang for your buck, and the enjoyment youll get out of playing through its many levels is priceless. I do wish earned stars were currency I could do more with, but for the asking price, Early Bird is about as good as mobile gaming gets.

http://thegamerwithkids.com/2011/08/...-hd-v1-0-ipad/
Quote:
Early Bird HD is one of those games that I think everyone will enjoy. Its fun, challenging, and its simple controls make it a breeze to jump right into. I would consider it a casual game and one that anyone can jump right into. There is very little you really need to learn in order to play the game and young children will have no problems playing it either.

08-28-2011, 10:47 PM
A fun and cute game with an original game mechanic...

...Unfortunately marred by an inexplicable lack of screen rotation.
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/early-bird-review
4/4
Quote:
Pros: Great graphics and animation; lots of content for a low price; addictive physics-based gameplay

Cons: A level skip would be appreciated; controls take a bit of getting used to

Bottom Line: If you don't play this game, Birdie will cry, and that automatically makes you a bad person.

Early Bird is as bright and cheerful as a Disney cartoon. It's also charming, easy to learn, and challenging to master. Go ahead and try to catch the worm: It's not like you have to eat it.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Im having mucho fun with this one. Never really enjoyed other "casual" games ala angry birds, cut the rope etc but really enjoying this one tho.
08-29-2011, 11:34 PM
This is a good one!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-30-2011, 03:54 AM
I agree - much better and more fun than Angry Birds

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
08-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Neat graphics, and damn! thats a lot of levels :-)
08-30-2011, 09:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Up to #22 now.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
I liked the game!