★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orbis Extreme v1.1 Trailer - Comments Welcome!

08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Orbis Extreme v1.1 Trailer - Comments Welcome!

Just released about two weeks ago, but finally got around to getting a proper HD video made. I'm the developer - feel free to contact with any questions.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Images look amazing. I'll be adding this one to my wish list.

08-28-2011, 09:08 PM

The game is very good. play can not get enough!
Thanks!!!
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
this REALLY needs some sensitivity and calibration options...
08-28-2011, 10:02 PM
sensitivity

I thought about throwing sensitivity options in but decided to jettison the idea because it makes the game easier in certain parts. In prerelease testing people seem to have got the idea fairly quickly. Just like the Monkey Ball controls, it does require some getting used to, but you benefit from it later in the game...
08-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlfx View Post
I thought about throwing sensitivity options in but decided to jettison the idea because it makes the game easier in certain parts. In prerelease testing people seem to have got the idea fairly quickly. Just like the Monkey Ball controls, it does require some getting used to, but you benefit from it later in the game...
Yes, I agree to you!!!
08-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlfx View Post
But it's not just like the super monkey ball controlls... I'm constantly tilting the iPod beyond my comfortable line of sight...

And your comment totally reminds me of the Torvos World devs saying that their character isn't able to change direction in the air because it's dinosaur...

Not really the same idea... But the stubbornness... Your game sales will suffer because gamers will not support a game that has a control scheme that makes them uncomfortable while playing. Noteveryone is going to like the setup you have... And to force people to play the game like that because you think it's the right way will not help your game at all...
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
controls

I originally added this forum to get impressions and feedback...so thanks for your ideas, but no thanks for the tone. I did extensive testing with about 20 testers and tweaked the controls as best I could; my goal is to perfect a great game. If you feel so strongly about it (and it would possibly broaden the user base), I'll make sure to add the controls you mentioned immediately in the next release, coming out sometime in the next two weeks. I'll make sure you get a code for the updated rev also, and let me know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Not really the same idea... But the stubbornness... Your game sales will suffer because gamers will not support a game that has a control scheme that makes them uncomfortable while playing. Noteveryone is going to like the setup you have... And to force people to play the game like that because you think it's the right way will not help your game at all...

Last edited by pxlfx; 08-29-2011 at 03:50 PM.