★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Crate Box (Vlambeer/Halfbot - Creators of The Blocks Cometh)

08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Crate Box (Vlambeer/Halfbot - Creators of The Blocks Cometh)

Quote:
Both Vlambeer and Halfbot have been teasing up a storm on Twitter about their upcoming iOS title, leaving those of us who are both Vlambeer and Halfbot fans anxiously awaiting what could be coming. Well, the curtain has been pulled away today to reveal Super Crate Box, a totally free Mac and PC game coming to the App Store. It'll even support the iCade.

If this is the first time you've heard of Super Crate Box, seriously, give it a download for your computer. The game itself has won tons of awards, and basically swept the free game category last year along with getting nominated for Excellence in Design in the Independent Games Festival. If all goes as planned, Super Crate Box will be available sometime next month.
http://toucharcade.com/2011/08/26/vl...per-crate-box/

You can play the PC/Mac version here.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-27-2011 at 02:38 AM.
08-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Wow that looks awesome! Looks like League of Evil + Blocks Cometh + Donkey Kong.

08-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Halfbot platformers are great, and this game looks great! I'll be keeping tabs on this.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
08-27-2011, 03:12 AM
OMG OMG OMG! I love Super Crate Box! I was already pumped up when I played Muffin Knight which was similar but this even better!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm definitely excited about this one.. everything looks spot-on!
08-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Boss. Boss. Boss. Boss......Boss.
08-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh wow, totally unexpected but welcome. SCB was fun, but boy was it hard as all hell.

Favorite: Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Battle Bears, Hook Champ, Incident, Minigore, Helsing's Fire, Monster Dash, Tilt to Live, PvZ, Super Mega Worm, Age of Zombies, Wispin, Cut the Rope & Rogue Runner
08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey gang!

We are so happy with the response of this announcement. We are truly honored to be working with Vlambeer to bring Super Crate Box to iOS devices.

Thanks for your support. Long live indies!
08-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbot View Post
Hey gang!

We are so happy with the response of this announcement. We are truly honored to be working with Vlambeer to bring Super Crate Box to iOS devices.

Thanks for your support. Long live indies!
Was one of the one beta testing Muffin Knight so really can't wait for the original to be coming to iOS. Looks awesome, and I'll be behind you guys and Vlambeer till the release. Long live indie devs!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
08-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Was one of the one beta testing Muffin Knight so really can't wait for the original to be coming to iOS. Looks awesome, and I'll be behind you guys and Vlambeer till the release. Long live indie devs!
Same. Muffin Knight proved SCB can work on iOS!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3