★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quell is FREE! [FAAD] (2.99 > FREE)

08-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Quell is FREE! [FAAD] (2.99 > FREE)

Highly-rated puzzle game with a calm demeanor; first time free in a year.
08-27-2011, 03:23 AM
One of the best puzzlers on the app store, and universal! The serene setting works beautifully.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—

08-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Everyone enjoying Quell should take a look at Quell Reflect, featuring 80+ new levels!

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
08-28-2011, 05:46 AM
not bad.

slightly depressing though

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
08-29-2011, 03:38 AM
A lot of people have asked us about the Quell music. We're delighted to announce that our composer, Steven Cravis is offering the original the entire original score for FREE download. To get the tracks, click here!

Hope you're enjoying Quell Reflect and, for those of you who've never experienced a Quell game, check out the original Quell - it's now completely FREE!

Man, we're good to you...
08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
I'd never heard of this game until it was announced as free yesterday - not sure how I missed it as it is absolutely fantastic. Love the gameplay, atmosphere and music. But could I ask the developers - what do the years signify (1928-1946 I think it is). It feels like there's a story behind the game but it doesn't seem to be elaborated on - it just feels very enigmatic and mysterious. And each level being a view looking out of a window pane in a different year - and the raindrops falling down each pane. Gives the game a very sad and wistful feel which is quite unique. But what does it mean?

Forget the United Nations - the AppStore can bring us all together on a global scale, as we all, as day dawns in whatever country we live in, get to experience the wonder that is a new game on our iOS devices...
08-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Prhaber,

thanks for your kind words.

We did have an entire narrative worked out, and we in the process of having it finalised by a script-writer, but we decided that somehow the game worked better without having a heavy-handed story forced on the player.

We'll probably show it as some stage, just for fun, but I'd be interested to know what you and other players thought it might be about? You're right that the years all feature, as do all the components in the gameplay, as do many parts of the front end. In fact, the entire art style itself was intended to supplement the story, so it's ironic that we ended up ditching the script!

Tell you what - I'll offer up a couple of free Promo codes for Quell Reflect, to the person / people who guess the closest (told you I'm kind!). Submit your entries to this thread...
08-29-2011, 09:56 AM
fallentreegames, i'm ready. what i need to guess ?
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey1610 View Post
fallentreegames, i'm ready. what i need to guess ?
Well, I want you to tell me you think the backstory to Quell might have been about.
08-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I think, it's a story for a whole year, each month has a little story and a different stage.