★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Defend Your Castle Sale (50%-off)

04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Defend Your Castle Sale (50%-off)

Hey Guys,

We've just dropped the price of Defend Your Castle to only 99 cents for a short time. We're hoping that any of you still on the fence about checking it out will give it a try and let us know how you like it.

Also, our first update to the game is currently working its way through Apple's review process. It represents a few things that we've tweaked as a result of your feedback, and our own intense play sessions.

For example, for any of you who weren't keen on the size of the enemies, we now give you the option to play in "Classic Mode" (still on either Normal or Heroic difficulty) which restores the scale & proportions from the original Flash classic. (Also makes the game even more challenging if that's your thing.) We also managed to cram in some general graphical & performance tweaks, and we're already working on some bigger new features for the following update. But more on that later...
04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
great to hear. lets see what the update brings...

04-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Good to hear, wise move considering you have competetion. As I mentioned before I bought stick wars when it first came out and I dont really need two of these games but if it went to a buck I would prob pick it up. I think the fact you guys are active in the forums and want to improve the game makes it worth picking up thanks.
04-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Cool these defend your castle games are pretty fun.
04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys, glad to hear it.
04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
How long do you plan to keep it on sale?

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Cool, although when this was 2 bucks, I picked up StickWars. I'll have to see if I have a buck left when CJS hits the US
04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
u guys love the sale dont you
but little do you know its says: On sale for just 99 cents for a limited time! (50% off regular price of $1.99)

I know its just 99 cents ppl, but i rmbr all those review who bashed on StickWars, clearly those went purchasing XGen's DYC when it came out EVEN though it was 1.99.

People who bought it at 1.99 are clearly to be fans, why? With stickwars being top 5, a dollar less AND the same game concept, people who bought XGen's DYC at 1.99 are very likely to be fans of the original DYC.

Anyways, fans who played your original and stayed loyal to you folks at XGenStudios but saying its on 'SALE' even though '1.99' was already an introductory price at first, isnt that a middle finger in their face?!?!?

smart move
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
You guys should seriously consider porting Motherload over... that was a fantastic game. It would be a huge hit, considering theres no game like it. With Defend Your Castle you have Stick Wars up against you. In my opinion Motherload would sail up the charts. I'd buy it, and about 20 of my friends would too

"Money makes the world go round, so I got to.. buckle down, do anything for the dollar."
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
You guys should seriously consider porting Motherload over... that was a fantastic game. It would be a huge hit, considering theres no game like it. With Defend Your Castle you have Stick Wars up against you. In my opinion Motherload would sail up the charts. I'd buy it, and about 20 of my friends would too
or 4 of u could and 20 ppl will hv it