★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wabo Studios
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 56.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Point-and-click meets 3D horror adventure! Are you smart enough to escape the terrifying outbreak that has enveloped the small town of Maineville.

Explore spine-tingling 3D locations, from the grocery shop, to the back-alley, to the run-down apartment building, and much more! Solve mind boggling puzzles and find a way to escape the zombie-infested town!

Dead escape is a true 3D escape game with multiple locations to visit, characters to interact and hundreds of objects to examine. Advanced inventory system allows you to examine your collected items in 3D, combine them with other objects, and drag-and-drop them directly into the scene to use.

Story:
An ordinary shopping night at Joe's convenience store turns into a nightmare as a zombie outbreak envelops the small town of Maineville. Trapped inside the store along with several other survivors, you must find a way to escape the store, and ultimately, the whole zombie-infested town!

Features:
- Ground-breaking inventory management. Examine items in 3D, combine them with other items, and drag-and-drop to use.
- Challenging puzzles to solve and minigames to play.
- More than 50 items to collect, hundreds of objects to examine, and other characters to interact.
- Multiple spine-tingling locations to visit.
- Gripping storyline.
- Spoken dialogues.
- State of the art 3D graphics.

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/ed25mz_HIoc

susantio's comments:

08-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Dead Escape by Wabo Studios (Out in NZ)

[This comment, all the comments before Sanaku's video, were moved from the upcoming thread]

While I'm only near the start of the game and can't give too much feedback yet, the only thing I've really noticed as a problem thus far is the control scheme in use. Much of the game is inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill (albeit with slightly less mangled narrative and dialogue), but unfortunately it also borrows the old-school "tank" control scheme as seen in these games, and the early Tomb Raiders: using the virtual stick moves the character forward, back, and turns him left and right.

The camera stays behind the character as in most TPS, but he turns very slowly which is a little irritating, especially if you're used to more responsive control schemes. I found myself occasionally swiping to turn the camera, which doesn't work, and would prefer an alternate, more direct control method (character walks/runs forward in the direction you push; camera moves behind character automatically when moving; swipe to manually adjust camera and look around when standing still).

Last edited by squarezero; 08-27-2011 at 10:54 AM.

08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
It's a fixed behind-the-back perspective (similar to original Silent Hill, if I remember correctly), rather than the more modern two-stick set up. On an iPhone 4 the controls are very responsive, though, so it works okay.

I'm really digging the dynamic lighting and the character modeling (the faces are okay, but the bodies have nice solid look to them). Animation is good, too. Story-wise, it seems a bit obvious and campy. The first few puzzles are fairly simple, but I see a lot of potential in the way you can manipulate objects in your bag, create combinations, etc. The whole thing feels pretty sophisticated.

So far I'm digging it. It's definitely an adventure game (at least so far) not an zombie action game.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-27-2011 at 10:53 AM.
08-27-2011, 09:20 AM
how to save?where is save option?
08-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnExT View Post
how to save?where is save option?
Tap on the journal in the top left corner of the screen and choose quit. That will save your current progress and return you to the main menu.
08-27-2011, 09:28 AM
but can i continue where i end?
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
but can i continue where i end?
Yes, you can.
08-27-2011, 09:37 AM
thanks,now i can quit game
08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
what to do with this items?

08-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
what to do with this items?

Keep playing the game -- you'll find use for all of them (though I'm not sure about the wallet.