★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sniper vs. Pirates is out

04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Sniper vs. Pirates is out

lol this app is acually pretty fun
link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313327295&mt=8

Costs .99cents or $1
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
HAHA

Either these guys work incredibly fast, or they have great timing.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0

04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
HAHA

Either these guys work incredibly fast, or they have great timing.
This game has been in the works for months. The "incident" at sea with "Captain Phillips" and the "Somali pirates" was just a viral marketing campaign that got blown way out of proportion...
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh great.... how long till this is gone?
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
This game has been in the works for months. The "incident" at sea with "Captain Phillips" and the "Somali pirates" was just a viral marketing campaign that got blown way out of proportion...
lol
But I wouldn't put it out of the picture >>

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Look at the screenshots. The pirates are holding a guy in a blatant captain's uniform hostage. Bet this is gone in a day or two...

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
06-01-2010, 05:19 PM
sadistic sniping

The original Sniper vs. Pirates was an over-the-top gorefest cobbled together immediately after the infamous incident of Apr 13, 2009. It was never intended to be anything more than simple, topical, entertainment style app. It was coded over two overnight redeye sessions, with the unique art and audio supplied by a good friend of mine.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Against my better judgement, I'm wrapping up work on a true sequal, complete with improved play control, multiple missions and bosses including killer sharks, choppers, and evil Rambo.

I'm a huge fan of both Operation Wolf and the Rambo movies, and I hope that the sequal will do the mashup concept justice. I have not yet decided whether to make this game a free update to the existing iphone mini-game, or a "new release." In any case, it'll be a universal app. Release date target is June 30, 2010. Updates & trailer will be posted to the "upcomming ipad games" board as the release date gets closer.