★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Galaxy Wings is a classical retro shoot-em-up where you have to fly your tiny ship against evil and angry aliens.
You can control your ship with the touchscreen. The ship shoots automatically.
Features:
- Retro-style graphics!
- Retina-display and iPad-Support!
- 3 different weaponupgrades on your plane!
- different enemies!
- Full "Game Center"-integration

If you find bugs or have any suggestions to make "Galaxy Wings" even better please tell us!

Sprakelsoft's comments:
Galaxy Wings is a classical retro shoot-em-up where you have to fly your tiny ship against evil and angry aliens.
You can control your ship with the touchscreen. The ship shoots automatically.
Features:
- Retro-style graphics!
- Retina-display and iPad-Support!
- 3 different weaponupgrades on your plane!
- different enemies!
- Full "Game Center"-integration

If you find bugs or have any suggestions to make "Galaxy Wings" even better please tell us!

08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Eh gameplay is boring bc theres no wep upgrades nor are the bacgrounds appealing. Plus the ship is jittery when you move it. Theres potential.

08-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Actually there are weapon upgrades. When you shoot the airship thats flying from left to right it releases a power-up where you can improve your shot 2 times. That airship is just appearing ones per level.
08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprakelsoft View Post
Actually there are weapon upgrades. When you shoot the airship thats flying from left to right it releases a power-up where you can improve your shot 2 times. That airship is just appearing ones per level.
Haha woops i missed tht everytime. You should add more so one doesnt feel underpowered. Game is easy tho.
08-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Game Impressions

Sorry to say this, but it's probably the worst shmup that is (or rather "was") installed on my iPad. As mentioned before the gamepley is boring. Extremely. Ship animation should be smooth, insted of grid-based jumps. Backgrounds are quite repelling, too. Most of the time I flew over a big blue plane of what seemed to be the water. Random tower or island here and there don't help much.
You've obviously hurried up too much with releasing this product. I don't see a game in there, merely a framework to make one.
08-29-2011, 02:04 AM
I thought I recognized those sprites. Tyrian fan sir?

back
08-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes I am a big fan of tyrian. The guy who drew them back then for epic did a redraw and put them on public domain on his website lostgarden.com for us indie-developers that dont know how to draw such nice gfx.
I know that galaxy wings is not as nice as tyrian but I thought its still alright for free!