★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A worthy addition to the tilt-controlled action genre. Touch Arcade

An addictive tilting game with lots to do. - Appolicious

If youre a fan of the original game...you should definitely pick this up. A solid little remake of a very accomplished British classic. - God is a Geek

Great value for money...as good a retro remake as weve ever seen. The Metro

Gremlin Presents..Bounders World

144 levels across 3 worlds of bouncing bonkers!

Bounders World is a re-imagined version of the classic 80s game Bounder. Updated and re-invented for todays gamers and iOS devices.

Your challenge is to bounce Bounder from the start line to the finish line, collecting star, landing on targets and collecting bonuses. Dont miss the checkpoints along the way to help you and make sure you use the funnels! Oh, and watch out for the swinging hazards and moving platforms, not to mention falling off the platforms!!

There are 4 different game modes to play:

Stars collect as many stars as you can
Targets land on the target to collect them
Speed complete the level in the fewest number of bounces
Demolition land on as many building as possible, but only once!

Each level has a hidden coin to collect if you want to get the highest score and all the achievements. Score all the achievements on all 12 levels in a world and unlock a further 36 levels per world!!

And if that is not enough for you why not take on a friend in a head to head speed challenge over Bluetooth.

Post your best scores to Game Center leaderboards.

Bounders World will have you bouncing back over and over again.

psj3809's comments:
If you liked air penguin you'll love this

Bounder was a classic 8 bit game released in the 80s. Gremlin Graphics released many hits back then and Bounder is their first iOS game

144 levels across 3 worlds, only 99c. Just came out today as today's a holiday in the UK

08-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
If you liked air penguin you'll love this

Bounder was a classic 8 bit game released in the 80s. Gremlin Graphics released many hits back then and Bounder is their first iOS game

144 levels across 3 worlds, only 99c. Just came out today as today's a holiday in the UK

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bounders-world/id453462527?mt=8
Really Gremlin? The Gremlin? I don't think I'm familiar with this game, but purchased many others they released for the Amiga. I wonder if this is the same actual team.

08-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really Gremlin? The Gremlin? I don't think I'm familiar with this game, but purchased many others they released for the Amiga. I wonder if this is the same actual team.
Yep it's THE Gremlin. Great to see their logo again. Apparently Peter Harrap (Monty Mole) might release a new version soon

Enjoying the game, took a bit of time to get used to the very bouncy ball though!

Edit- Does look like the company name is different but you see the logo in the game and the companies created by a former Gremlin guy

Last edited by psj3809; 08-29-2011 at 01:52 AM.
08-29-2011, 01:48 AM
After minimal research I'm fairly dubious the original Gremlin team had much to do with this game at all. Which is not to say it doesn't still look promising.
08-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Well it's mostly the name and I presume the guy owns the IP.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-ios-shortlist
08-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well it's mostly the name and I presume the guy owns the IP.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-ios-shortlist
Thanks for the link, I guess it makes some sort of sense, though I am not sure why this game is being released under "Urbanscan."

In any case, I'm almost certain to pick this up. Controls are tilt?

EDIT: Holy price discrepancy Batman, the iPad version is $5+
08-29-2011, 02:37 AM
Game Impressions

Technically, the game is extremely sound. Controls are spot on and the basic mechanic is fun and addictive. Having played through around 20 levels though, I find myself wishing there was a little more variety. The jumps get harder, the platforms get smaller, but essentially you are constantly doing the same thing.

Bear in mind though, I'm not much of a fan of Doodle Jump either. If you enjoy simple, highly polished gameplay, and aren't put off by it being repetitive in nature, don't hesitate to pick this up.
08-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Wow! I used to have this game for C64 from Gremlin, albeit looking rather differently than this. I've often thought about similar iOS games and wished the original would somehow make it back.. and it did?

Clearly, I need to start wishing for even better things.
09-01-2011, 02:45 AM
On World 2 at the moment. Much the same but still really enjoying this

Shame this game doesnt seem to have 'more love'. Think releasing it on a monday and not the usual time late on a Wednesday didnt help.

Do recommend other people buying this, if you liked Air Penguin games then this is excellent